Heritage Owners Club

Heritage hardware upgrade.

jerrysleftyguitars

Lane informed me yesterday that Heritage is going to be using Tone Pro bridges on all new guitar orders I make. I didn't really ask much in the way of details. They are making an official announcement soon along with a promotion to get people to try a heritage guitar. If you try one in a store, they will send you a free Heritage T shirt.

Both of my non stoptails (built 06 & 08) had tone pro bridges, just not the locking ones. I found this out when I put a locking bridge on the 150 and it was identical to the stock except for the screws. I believe tonepro job out production for some stuff but IMBW. My suggesting would be to order your stock with bone nuts.

Hi Jerry, I know this might be a silly question but does this apply to all new Heritage guitars ?

Or is it for lefty guitars only ?

Dumb question I know but there you go  :undecided:

I'm guessing that it applies to all new Heritage guitars, well they would hardly have an official announcement and a promotion for lefties only would they  ???

HEY JERRY....THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

I KNOW THAT IT IS GOOD NEWS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE, BUT I'M OF THE CROWD THAT PREFERS THE SCHALLER TAIL AND ROLLER BRIDGE

I GUESS I HAVE ALWAYS ASSOCIATED HERITAGE WITH THAT HARDWARE AND I'M A LITTLE OLD-SCHOOL IN THAT WAY....BUT I ALSO THINK THAT THIS IS A GOOD MOVE FOR HERITAGE IN THE SENCE THAT IT MAKES THEIR GUITARS LOOK MORE "IN TUNE" W/ THE MARKET

Both of my non stoptails (built 06 & 08) had tone pro bridges, just not the locking ones. I found this out when I put a locking bridge on the 150 and it was identical to the stock except for the screws. I believe tonepro job out production for some stuff but IMBW. My suggesting would be to order your stock with bone nuts.

???

TonePros without the locking mechanism?  Then it wasn't TonePros.  TonePros has in the past used Schaller and Gotoh hardware as a starting point - whether they do the locking stuff in house or have it manufactured that way for them I don't know.  FWIW all my current TonePros stuff says "Made in Germany" on the bottom leading me to believe it is still manufactured by Schaller.

Gee Artman,

My tonepro locking bridge does not have any "made in Germany" or anything cast into it and other than the screws, is identical to the bridge that came with the guitar which was (acording to Graham) tonepros. The stoptail was Gotoh and the same bridge came on my Millie (built January 2008). I purchased the locking bridge  in January. Also, did not see any markings on the tonepro locking posts I got a month ago either.  ???

BTW. Are you going all P90 now?

Archived