Heritage Owners Club

Farewell to My STAT

schundog

While it was a beautiful, classic example of The Heritage quality, fit and finish, in the end, the 1986 (year of my High School Graduation, BTW) STAT I got last summer just didn't work for me. Very thin neck, and I've never been a whammy bar/Kahler/Floyd Rose Trem kind of guy. I'm glad I got it and had some fun with it, but it was time to let it go.

Tommy at Monster Pawn Normal is a great player that has convinced me many times to BUY gear based on his demo-ing ability. He can make ANYTHING sound good. Once in a while, I use his powers against him....

Today, I handed him the STAT, and he immediately plugged it into a Mesa Nomad they had in stock. Tommy LOVES shredder guitars, even though he can play any type of music. He had some fun with this old girl before he asked me what I wanted for it. Contrary to the usual "dance," he didn't even check completed listings on Ebay, just said "Sure," and the deal was done. Here he is checking it out.

Guest HRB853370

That cat can play indeed. I was watching closely the dexterity of his fingers, in particular his pinky. Great sweep pick he executed too.

Did you try to sell it here first or did you just go straight to the pawn shop?

Danny, I have a really good relationship with these guys; I've bought and sold a ton of stuff with them over the years, as Tommy, the owner, is a guitarist (obviously) and a gearhound as well. They are usually my first stop before I go to the pain-in-the-ass of trying to sell elsewhere, having to box/ship something.

That is a pretty good trade. Those are cool amps. I came to the same conclusion regarding the stat. Glad it worked out well for you

Bob, thanks for all of your help with this guitar. You really went above and beyond, providing me the extra set of pickups. I didn't trade it for the amp, though, sorry if that's what you thought I meant. I wish! No, just cashed out on this one, adding to the piggy bank for when what I REALLY want reveals itself. Or, God forbid, I suppose I could save the money..... :icon_rr:

No problem, just save some dough so you can by the Oberon at hoc in august. I'm holding you to it man

Ha! You got it, man! I'm holding YOU to agreeing to jam with me there, so there!

Archived