Heritage Owners Club

Need Price Advice

Bluzman54

Looking for what you guys think a fair price should be for:

Heritage 35 Special (only 24 made)

Duncan Antiquities

Gorgeous Flamed Top

Near Mint

Also, would a trade for my 2008 H-550 Custom (3 months old) mint condition seem reasonable?  If not, please tell me why.

Thanks for the help.

Jim C

I would keep the 550.  This is coming from a guy who owns a 535 and would love a 550 to add to my tone zoo.  Snatch up a 535 off of the Bay or buy Cuz's 555 and stick the pick ups you like in it and be happy you didn't get fleeced on the deal. 

No matter how cool the 35 special looks it is still a 535 and they are going cheap on the Bay these days.  Don't give a dealer your money so easily.  Especially if you just bought the 550 from them. 

My 535 is a "35 Special" that I special ordered from Wolfe with an ebony fretboard.  This set of features was also the basis for the "Anniversary" model 535 (which added the scroll headstock enlay):

Spertzels

Wolfe's pickguard

Tone pro hardware

Antiquity pickups

Bound headstock

Since so many Heritage guitars are custom ordered, I don't think the "35 Special " run is likely to be significantly more valuable in the long run than any 535 with similar features ...from the factory or aftermarket.  Just my opinion, but I wouldn't trade a 550 for a 35 Special.  There is another option... 

013-1.jpg

Inlay.  Sorry, I've never owned a Heritage with the decal, so I wasn't thinking the inlay wasn't standard.    Good catch. (Also, to clarify: 35 specials and anniversaries had rosewood boards; I just started with the 35 special specs and added the ebony brd when I ordered mine.)

Archived