Heritage Owners Club

D-VIP System for Millenium Ultra STD

Doc3

I have searched the site for prior posts for opinions regarding the double vari system offered by Heritage. I could not find anything, likely due to my search skills, or the lack thereof. In particular on a Millenium Ultra STD. Does anyone have this system and are there pros and cons? I like the specs better on the ultra as far as woods used, but not sure of the gold trim pieces (too much bling).

I am narrowing down the guitar I want to order and appreciate any suggestions.

Does anyone know if that system would work with Shed Paf Daddy pickups?

Thanks!

My ol guitar, this will show you what the D vip does in a millie!Dont see why the factory cant tap some duncans...

Sweet!

I am looking to tap some Shed PAF Daddy's:)

I'd look at the specs for PAF Daddy's v HRWs prior to doing the work. If the PDs are low output, you might not get a usable signal from them when split.

I have searched the site for prior posts for opinions regarding the double vari system offered by Heritage. I could not find anything, likely due to my search skills, or the lack thereof. In particular on a Millenium Ultra STD. Does anyone have this system and are there pros and cons? I like the specs better on the ultra as far as woods used, but not sure of the gold trim pieces (too much bling).

I am narrowing down the guitar I want to order and appreciate any suggestions.

Does anyone know if that system would work with Shed Paf Daddy pickups?

Thanks!

I would just email Spence. He is usually very good about getting back to you 1-2 days normally. SHED pickups are my favorite. Waited 4 months but it was WORTH IT! I believe the Shed Zepplins can be tapped and come with 4 wires. The PAF Daddies, which I have, are a 100% accurate 50's PAF replica, so braided wire around cloth. Best to email him though.

With D-VIP the traditional 2 volume, 2 tone setup is gone. Instead there is a master volume and tone with a separate phase knob for each pickup.

Not a big deal for a strat or tele player, guys used to a 150 /157 or Les Paul / SG might find it takes a bit of getting used to.

Thanks for the information. I have corresponded with Spence and have reached out to a Heritage to discuss using Shed pick-ups. Spence says he can make them, but I will verify the specs. before placing the order.

Do any of you have any suggestions for a Millennium build?

The depth of knowledge on guitars here is impressive! Thanks again.

Thinking out loud here .... maybe another option re switching on a Millie build would be to use a pre wired harness ?

I have several Heritages with non standard wiring, a VIP2 with HRWs and D-VIP, the 576 and a 535 have Duncan P-Rails with triple Shot switching rings, a 170 with P-Rails and modified VIP, and lastly a 150 with a Jonesyblues Jimmy Page harness.

VIP2 with VIP modified to D-VIP

gallery_328_8_60944.jpg

170 with P-Rails and modifed VIP ( no phase options, series / P90 / single coil for each p'up)

gallery_328_8_76445.jpg

576 and 535 with P-Rails and Triple Shots ( series / parallel / P90 / single coil for each p'up)

gallery_328_8_126362.jpg

gallery_328_8_75225.jpg

150 with Pearly Gates and wiring harness

gallery_328_8_4070.jpg

The 150 has Duncan Pearly Gates with 4 push / push pots. Lots and lots of switching options, some very useable, some not so much. The thing is it's not even obvious to the eye that the guitar is modified in any way. I bought the 150 used and all the mods were done by the previous owner.

http://jonesyblues.com/

http://jonesyblues.com/JIMMY_PAGE_WIRING.html

I might not necessarily use them a lot, but I do like to have switching options. My first lefty guitar was a '73 Tele which I had customised with two Mighty Mite Distortion humbuckers, a five way switch plus a three way mini switch for phase options :icon_shaking2: .

As you can see the least obviously modified guitar is the 150 ... but it has the most switching options.

Again, I'm just thinking out loud here, I don't know if Heritage would use such a harness. I don't see why not though, can't harm to ask.

• 5 months later...

Archived