Heritage Owners Club

going to have the clear coat redone on a150, who to do the refin work?

GASguy

I have a recently acquired H150 with multiple marks in the clear coat. They are almost all in the top, but I don't know if just the top can be re- done, or if that even makes sense from a cost perspective.

If you were going to get a clear coat refinish, who would you send it to, and what do you think a ballpark estimate for the cost of the work would be?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Maybe you're aware of this already but if not, you have a local resource probably a half hour down the Park Way.

David Petillo in Ocean Twp. He works on Bruce's guitars and is a true artist and one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Last time i had some finish work done, I went to pick it up and he gave me a very reasonable price then said "let me know if you think that is too much" hard to believe but true. He sells tricked out inlaid custom builds ($20k works of art ) to rich folks over seas etc but I think he still does regular repairs as well.

Probably worth the trip just to get his advice and see his shop.

http://www.petilloguitars.com/

Wow!!!

Hi Ron,

Maybe you're aware of this already but if not, you have a local resource probably a half hour down the Park Way.

David Petillo in Ocean Twp. He works on Bruce's guitars and is a true artist and one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Last time i had some finish work done, I went to pick it up and he gave me a very reasonable price then said "let me know if you think that is too much" hard to believe but true. He sells tricked out inlaid custom builds ($20k works of art ) to rich folks over seas etc but I think he still does regular repairs as well.

Probably worth the trip just to get his advice and see his shop.

http://www.petilloguitars.com/

how deep are the scratches? if they are not through the clear coat, they may be able to be buffed out.

It would be relatively simple to overspray the top. The hard part is waiting a few months fore the new clear coat to dry, and then it needs to be buffed out.

Archived