Heritage Owners Club

Lunch-tone Report: H&K Tubemeister 18

I dropped by Guitar Center to check out the Tubemeister today. I really want to play a Grandmeister but the only related model any store near me had was the Tubemeister 18 head into a TM112. Knowing that I'd be giving up features, I figured it would at least give me an idea of 'flavor'. Very, very impressive.

I grabbed an Ibanez AR320 off the wall to test. In the neck position and on the clean channel I was able to get some wonderful vintage clean sounds. I was butchering jazz standards and loving every bit of it. I put it on the Lead channel and was able to get some nice early crunch tones. That on to just past the edge of break up sound. Kick in the boost and it snarls up nicely. Modern metal it isn't but neither am I. In the bridge position, I got very believable tones all the way up to heavy rock or early metal. Really, I can't imagine what I couldn't do with that guitar and that amp. The amp I think was about $550 USD and the cab was $300 USD.

The only problem I have now is figuring out how I'm gonna get a Grandmeister with a pair of TM212's!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I love my H&K switchblade. I played a tubemeister 36 and really liked it--I went switchblade for the 50 watts and b/c I found it used...I have been nothing but pleased with mine!---I hope that you get exactly what you want Barry!

I was talking with a pal,who was talking all about these. His friend switches the cabs,and a tweaks them a little and loves them. This guy is a scary player. Some call him Mr.Scary

Archived