Heritage Owners Club

Heritage customer service

LH575

What do you think about Heritage's customer service?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• excellent
    • good
    • fair
    • poor
    • awful

A few years back I wanted an ebony base for my 575 Custom with gold posts spaced for a tune-a-matic.  Ren was very kind, sent it right out, and charged me a  reasonable price.  A few weeks ago I inquired about getting some pickguards made and again he got right back to me, even though the shop was closed.  So my experiences have been positive.

I've chatted with Ren via Email several times during the time that they were re-structuring concerning my used purchase. Not only was he extremely patient and answered all my questions but he was very quick in getting back to me.  Heck, I Emailed him with a question on Saturday of the Labor Day weekend and received a response within a couple of hours.

Judging by those encounters, my response is excellent customer service.

A Heritage in the hand beats two in the shop (or on order).  Things with those guys are fine if you buy a Heritage that's finished or used.  All the issues seem to come from guitars that were ordered, as far as I can tell.  As long as you can check the guitar out before you buy it, it's tough to complain much.  But if you pay for it sight unseen, you're always taking a chance, Heritage or otherwise.

I'm not sure it's wise for Heritage to take so many custom orders, in part because it leads to the "quest for the perfect guitar" syndrome.  I'll bet this is part of the business that they are rethinking.

My only experience has been when one of the pickup frames on my 10th anniversary H-140 got broken during a setup (don't ask).

I called, talked to Ren, he got my name and address and mailed me another one, no charge.

I give them a 115%

I voted good. This was opinion before shutdown.

I had and upgrade on my H-555 performed D-VIP and HRW pups

they handled that promptly and buffed out a blemish I didn't even mention.

Also had neck repair performed (tripped over cord and it went down) dumb***.

They did an excellent job with repair and refinish.

Post shutdown I am really disappointed especially  because I've had a guitar on

order for what seems like a lifetime.  They really do build a nice guitar I just hope

everything gets better.

Archived