Heritage Owners Club

H535 in Almond Burst

tulk1

Took this to rehearsal last night. Played it on a few songs that didn't require a Tele. Oh, Lordy!! Does this baby sing. This is my 3 week old H535 in Almond Burst. Got it from Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, Il back in October. I just LOVE this thing.

535-bod-case-close.jpg

width=360 height=480http://eriador1.com/h535/535-bod-case-close2.jpg[/img]

The back of this baby. Ummmmmmm.

535-back-unenhanced.jpg

Awesome!!  What pickups are in that baby?

Seriously, I don't remember. Duncan's of some sort, I think. I didn't get the hang tag. Mojo's shipped it to me since we didn't have room in the vehicle with the dogs and all the luggage. When it got here, I got what was in the case and the guitar. And I hate pulling pups just to see what they are, but I may do that on the first string change. Which brings up a question. Any idea what strings are used on these? I like the tone and feel. Would like to use the same brand/gage.

Once again, the 'OOOH' factor kicks in with the first outing of a new Heritage!

I got the same sensation the first time I took my new H555 to band rehersal.  'OOOH' indeed!  :)

Congrats on a beautiful H535!!

Alright!!! Got the OOOHs, now all I need is an AHHHH!! She is a beaut, isn't she?

I used to use GHS strings, but got too many dead ones out of the pack.  I've used D'Addario for the last ten years or so, partly because they seal the strings and so there's a chance they will be fresher.  I'd put 10-46 on that guitar.  Beautiful finish!!

SWEET GUITAR!

Thank you. That is one that plays as nice as it looks, too. The only thing that bothers me at all is how it tends to fall away from the body when strapped on. Any suggestions/tricks for a new semi owner? Or is it just something you get used to?

Tulk1:

I have little personal experience with this, but there's a post elsewhere on this site (I think) in which someone suggests mounting the strap button on the curved part of the heel, moving up toward the back of the neck as a possible remedy for the body's rotating away from the player.  How one would determine the best spot is certainly open to conjecture.  I'd certainly not drill any part of the body (a la LP strap button mounting locale) to remount the button.  I have a J-45 with the button mounted on that curved part of the heel, on the far or low side, away from the player's line of sight, so that the weight of the guitar secures the button in the strap hole, rather than on the high side, which would, of course, tend to pull the button out of the strap.  Seems to work for the 45.  Good luck.

If you take the control plate off the back the pups are usually listed on the back.

;D ... it's a semi-hollow. No control plate.

Tulk1:

I have little personal experience with this, but there's a post elsewhere on this site (I think) in which someone suggests mounting the strap button on the curved part of the heel, moving up toward the back of the neck as a possible remedy for the body's rotating away from the player.  How one would determine the best spot is certainly open to conjecture.  I'd certainly not drill any part of the body (a la LP strap button mounting locale) to remount the button.  Good luck.

Yeah, ain't no drilling going on this guitar. I'll just live with it.

Thank you. That is one that plays as nice as it looks, too. The only thing that bothers me at all is how it tends to fall away from the body when strapped on. Any suggestions/tricks for a new semi owner? Or is it just something you get used to?

I'm a bit surprised to hear this as my H535 doesn't fall away as yours does.  I use schaller strap locks

and had to mount the lock that goes on the back of the neck backwards on the strap so the strap

didn't have a twist in it.  I'm wondering if this twist would be enough to push the guitar away ?

Heritage does has a 'fix' for this problem on their website, supposedly only necessary for their thick guitars.

I've not spent that much time with my 535 yet but I like the way it hangs.  It's just a bit neck

heavy so that it doesn't stay completely in position if I let go of it, but it only drops a bit and

takes no effort to bring it back up.

Paul P

I'm a bit surprised to hear this as my H535 doesn't fall away as yours does.  I use schaller strap locks

and had to mount the lock that goes on the back of the neck backwards on the strap so the strap

didn't have a twist in it.  I'm wondering if this twist would be enough to push the guitar away ?

Heritage does has a 'fix' for this problem on their website, supposedly only necessary for their thick guitars.

I've not spent that much time with my 535 yet but I like the way it hangs.  It's just a bit neck

heavy so that it doesn't stay completely in position if I let go of it, but it only drops a bit and

takes no effort to bring it back up.

Paul P

Paul,

Got Shaller strap locks, neck lock turned backwards so there is no strap twist. But it does fall a way just a tad more than the Strat, Tele, 157 and McCarty do. Well, to be fair, those are all solid body gtrs and strap on the horn. I can live with it. I just have to "hug" it a bit more.  ;) BTW, I don't feel as if my 535 is neck heavy at all. It's quite balanced for me.

You have to pull one of the pups.

There is no control plate on the back of the 555, how do you know what pickups are in it.

You have to pull one of the pickups.

As for the "neck dive," Gibson SGs are notorious for that. Get a suede strap--they will "grip" your shirt and will prevent the neck from falling. I use one with my SG and it works!

Archived