Heritage Owners Club

Opinions about the VOX AC15C1 (or 2)

Curious if anyone on the forum here has tried one of these? Yes, I am referring to the current model that's made in China. Haven't had time to venture out to try one yet, but the sound clips sound good, and the reviews are pretty good too. If I picked one up and brought it to PSP would it get laughed out of the barn, as some of the guys here have some sweet "boo-teek" rigs! Would hate to befoul the barn with budget gear. I'd just be befouling it with my playing. :D I remember last year I saw many drool worthy amps (and guitars) in the barn. Anyway, would love to hear some input from those who have experienced one of these VOX amps.

I'm no expert and don't own any boutique amps (unless you count an old jmp50 I've had forever), but I love mine. For the price, I think they are a good value. Even though it's made in China, I can't find any reason to knock the quality of construction on it.

It covers most of what I need in an amp and prefer its tone over my other amps for a lot of stuff.

I like the simplicity of the amp so when I get fed up tinkering with pedals , I can just plug directly into it and get a great tone without a lot of tweaking.

The one thing I think it lacks is a lot of clean headroom, especially with humbuckers, but that's what I would expect from an amp like this. AC30 probably has a lot more headroom, but I almost liked the AC15 tone better at lower volumes when I compared them at the guitar store.

I had the AC15 for a while, and loved the tone. The tremolo was really nice, too, and different somehow than my Fender Deluxe Reverb. Very heavy, and didn't feel terribly well made, but looked/sounded great.

Yes, some awesome amps at the barn, to be sure, but variety is the spice of life. I say go for it!

Archived