Heritage Owners Club

How do you guys find Heritage on ebay?

thorn

I've searched Heritage on ebay (under musical instruments) and come up with 2,700 hits. Most of which are Heritage finishes from Gibsons. That's a lot of scrolling to find a few Heritage guitars.

Clues, tips, or money sent my way would be appreciated.

Another reason for me to learn the model numbers. lol

Select "Heritage" the put -Gibson or -epiphone. That seems to narrow it down a bit. I also go into "Musical Instruments" then down further to "Electric".

here's a few more "-"s to add: -Prestige guitar, -Celestion get your search term down then add to your favs and you can cruise Heritages every day there like some of us so afflicted.

• 1 month later...

To narrow it down I first get into the guitar category, then use:

heritage guitar -gibson -epiphone -amp -celestion -book -magazine

If you get more than a few other hits it will be unusual. Also using a model doesn't always work well. If you use H-575 the search engine "could" ignore other permutations. With the minus exclusion I doubt you'll get more than ~100 real hits. Finally if you use a minimum price at say $200 you eliminate pickguards and other accessories. I seriously doubt anyone is selling a guitat with a starting bid of $200.

Once you make an initial search, a side bar will open on the left side giving you more choices. On the one that says "Brands" click on "see all". An option pop-up will appear that lets you select most major guitar makers -- but not Heritage, so select "Not Specified" and click on "Go". This will get rid of the Gibsons and most of the guitars with "Heritage" in the description.

Like the others mentioned above, I will begin adding the minus symbol ( -celestion -prestige ) to eliminate the results that I see which keep popping up which don't have anything to do with Heritage guitars. However, I use the search terms and minus symbol eliminations very sparingly because I don't want to accidentally eliminate Heritage guitars from my search results.

For example I will search for the word "Heritage" but not "Heritage Guitars" because then an ad like Heritage H-150 will be eliminated because it doesn't have the work "Guitars" in it. (I'm under the impression that they use an "and search" and not an "any of the words" style search.) I also try to avoid model numbers because a computer things that H150, H-150 and 150 are three different things. If I had to pick one, I would go with just the 150 in the search, but then I might miss an awesome H150P somewhere.

Likewise, I don't supply -Gibson or -InsertBrandNameHere just in case someone is selling a Heritage and they make a comparison to -Gibson or -InsertBrandNameHere. If the search engine sees the word Gibson in this example, then it will remove it from the search result and i won' tsee it, even if it is an ad for a Heritage H-150.

YMMV... Your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Hello,

i am trying to find a heritage 535 on ebay. theres a couple for around $2000 so i was wonderiung if that a good price is? also i wanted to know if the new guitars are as good as the older ones? whats a good year for a 535?

thank you very much

joe

New 535's are usually under $3000.00, and often times in our for sale section here, used ones are under $2000.00. No guitar can be appraised with any better accuracy without examining it in person.

Unless you want something extremely out of the norm and you have to order new, just be patient and shop used. You'll find lots of real nice, many in new condition, guitars (including 535's). Heritage makes one of the finest instruments you can buy, most owners take pride in them and are selling to buy another one.

Archived