Heritage Owners Club

H 550 Lefty = $1400 is this a steal?

moth716

Hello everyone, i am a left handed jazz student, who recently came a cross a lefty H 550 for 1400 dollars. It plays beautifully, I'am new to heritage guitars but from what i felt and what i've read about them that seems to be a great deal. Any opinions on the H 550, and does that seem like an accurate price?

Hello everyone, i am a left handed jazz student, who recently came a cross a lefty H 550 for 1400 dollars. It plays beautifully, I'am new to heritage guitars but from what i felt and what i've read about them that seems to be a great deal. Any opinions on the H 550, and does that seem like an accurate price?

From a fellow lefty .... great score !

now for the inevitable ....  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Welcome to the HOC by the way !

Some particulars: condition, repairs done, p'ups, year, photos; all might help the guys on the board dial in a more meaningful answer for you.

Its a horrible deal! stay away!  Give me the info and I will put a stop to this sale immmediately  :police:

I'm guessing the deal is already done ... there was a lefty 550 for sale at $1400 a couple of months ago, in New York I think.

My 140 lefty is somewhere outside Buffalo as of 2 am  ;D

only a couple thousand more miles to go!

If it's in EX- cond or better, great deal! Paid $1,500 for my custom H-550 in '98. Ordered it with no p.u.'s, knobs, or fingerboard inlay so I could put my own stuff on it. Have tried every archtop model Heritage makes. The H-550 allows you to play louder and less muddy than the others since it is laminated except for the sides. Its competitor, the Gibson Tal Farlow, is no better, and some are worse than the 550, which are pretty consistent in quality. You will not find a better guitar for under $2,500.- Charles

Archived