Heritage Owners Club

results from heritage waranty topic

kwo

Well I have my guitar back (575 custom) from the Heritage factory! Sorry it has taken a couple of weeks for the info to get here. The first thing I need to say is that Heritage's customer service is the best I have ever encountered for any type of product. Thanks a million Ren!! Secondly thanks to T Steel for helping me figure out how to take care of the situation and selling me his 575!!

So the jist of it is this; I received the guitar and somewhat foolishly replaced the 10's or 11's with 13's. This caused a bit of humping and dipping on the mahogany neck. In my defense I had done this on other guitars before only needing some setup adjustment. I think the mahogany neck needs a bit more love and attention than your ordinary guitar neck. Like a poodle rather than a lab if you will. Anyway, I brought it to a shop and the tech suggested, and I quote, " ripping out the frets and sanding down the neck to correct the humps and dips". Wow is the typical response. T Steel suggested I call Heritage to see what they could do.

What they did I believe was remove the truss rod and heat up the neck to make it pliable again and adjusted it for the extra tension of the Thomastik Infeld 13's. Ren called said it was all set to go and playing beautifully. Knowing I was one owner removed from the original purchase and that it was bought at Jay's, Ren said the process usually costs about $150 but he would only charge me $70. Again the best service ever!

So I have it back, it is playing unbelievably well, and especially through my newly serviced and modded Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue.

Thanks a million T Steel for your help and willingness to part with your git. It is by far the best guitar I have ever played ;D

Here are some pix of the git and my little girl.

5751.jpg

5751.jpg_thumb

5752.jpg

5752.jpg_thumb

em1.jpg

em1.jpg_thumb

em2.jpg

em2.jpg_thumb

That's awesome! I wish I could get away with using a semi or full hollow but my band is too loud!

Nice looking guit and it's great to hear that Heritage always follows through, try getting that kind of service at the Gword

Well I have my guitar back (575 custom) from the Heritage factory! Sorry it has taken a couple of weeks for the info to get here. The first thing I need to say is that Heritage's customer service is the best I have ever encountered for any type of product. Thanks a million Ren!! Secondly thanks to T Steel for helping me figure out how to take care of the situation and selling me his 575!!

<snip>

I think this is fine and all. But are you sure the problem wasn't that you can't get your fingers around the fretboard just yet? Maybe when you grow up?  ???

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2856.0;attach=2484;image

Thanks for sharing the pics. I already miss that H575!  :'(

I hardly ever played it, but when I did, I was in my own little world. Glad you (and your daughter) are enjoying it!

I've already got my eye on another H575 on eBay--wish me luck!

Yes, I learned my lesson-NEVER SELL!  :-X

Cool story.

Looks like your daughter prefers the neck pickup.

Ren's the best.

So is this a common problem with 575s?  The Thomastik .13s are actually pretty light compared to other brands.  I have them on my Groovemaster without issue.  Has anyone else run into this problem, or is Kwo just lucky?

When I was taking some lessons my instructor had suggested the Tomastik Infeld's Bebop 13's for just that reason, bigger fuller string but really playable.

I have put some dean markley 13's on other guitars, it was work to get a full step bend out of those strings but I never had any major neck issues. I would love to hear if somebody has ever had similar problems.

The bridge type probably has something to do with it also. But, I think it must be the one piece Mahogany Neck. I wonder if I ever wanted to drop back to 11's would it need a similar adjustment?

Yeah I am quite excited that my daughter already has the music bug. She'll be pickin' soon, ....she's already got the nose down. ;D

Thanks everyone for the greetings and kind words. :angel:

I have put some dean markley 13's on other guitars,

Thanks everyone for the greetings and kind words. :angel:

WOW...10s feel like cable-car cable to me anymore :P  but when i'm in my own little room jamming...i practice a lot of solo-type stuff.  but then again, on a guitar like yours, the 575 Custom, you probably dont do a lot of deep bends, do you?

your story is an inspiration to everyone who has had issues w/ their Heritage....it is nice to know we all have a great company backing up our ever-so-exellent guitars!!! ;D

WOW...10s feel like cable-car cable to me anymore :P but when i'm in my own little room jamming...i practice a lot of solo-type stuff.  but then again, on a guitar like yours, the 575 Custom, you probably dont do a lot of deep bends, do you?

What gauge/brand do you like to play with?

The Dean Markleys 12's and 13's were to much to move around. I think I settled on the 11's, they gave you a wound and a plain g string to choose from.

Its really all about the wound g string for me. The 13's for the Bebop Infeld's was the first round wound set with the wound g. The 11's and 12's don't have one, just plain steel.

I think I like the feel because 1. I started playing guitar on an acoustic and 2. That wound g really sets off full and partial chords, as well as octaves using the a and g strings.

I don't do a lot of bending even though I do think the bend is one of the best guitar techniques to evoke that powerful vocal emotion through the fingers, ala Santana.

TSteel, I'll dig through our archives I'm sure I can find at least one picture with a finger up the nose.

peace

Archived