Heritage Owners Club

pedal board

mark555

An idea I got from a music magazine a good few years ago was to use one of those cases used for tools like this. The one I used was approximately 18" x 13" x 6" deep.

aluminium-flight-case-with-tool-compartm

Take out the dividers and the tool holder in the lid. Replace the hinges with the type you can separate so that the lid can be removed. Get a piece of wood around 1/2" thick which fits inside the lid and fix it in the lid securely. You could do this with four screws which would also hold some rubber feet in place. The lid has now become the base and the body of the case is the lid. Fix your pedals to the wood using the method of your choice, e.g. heavy duty velcro. The case is deep enough for you to store leads etc. as well.

You can probably pick up a used example of such a case from eBay, Gumtree or other site.

aluminium extrusion from the pelmet of a auto sliding door(commercial door, like the type you walk through to get inside a mall)

Others over the years have been plastic chopping board and pieces of wood,

Also made an ali board like a pedal train. I have access to mig and tig welders. I pulled the extrusions I wanted from the waste bin.

The ali pelmet extrusion has been the best. It weighs nothing and is the right depth for me.

You can drill holes and run cables underneath or just cover the mess with velcro.

P1210675.jpg

P1210674.jpg

P1220855.jpgP1220836.jpgP1220857.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently building a second board after a trial run on the first one, I will post picture. It's cost me nothing to put together other than a couple of £'s here and there for stuff i didn't have.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have built my own pedal board. .I used a wart power plug connector in the black box to the right side of the heavy oak board for easy plug in

power connection. Velcro( heavy Duty) works very well and allows line up and stomp box changes.

Archived