Heritage Owners Club

Digitech Trio

JeffB

From the manual;

"Stick to major/minor and 7th chords as much as possible when teaching the chord progression. You can always play more complex chords when you are jamming."

hand in your man card immediately.

Where Im at with it after a little while of using it and after having my first real jam with a real bass player and drummer after a long time

The trio is cheese. Casio type cheese. Its fun, but its cheese.

Had I not gone and played with two other people I would probably continue to think it to be a good quality cheese.

Its still a cool toy. Very much like something you would find on a cheap casio type keyboard.

Driving home from the jam and thinking about things a couple of things struck me:

1) jamming is a time consuming activity and the moments where its really cool fun and inspiring have pretty big gaps of drivel between them. You have to let people be themselves and that can be tedious, even if you like them. This is a big plus for the trio. You can turn that crap off and move on to something you like.

2) people have deep and sometimes unexpected grooves that make you react and do things that make them react which makes you react which......and then you all smile and laugh at the shared reaction and then you have a drink and talk about it and then talk about something else and then go back to jamming and you have all lost the buzz and have to find another groove. The Trio quite often doesnt groove and it doesnt matter how hard you try to groove you cant drag it along with you. But you can just turn it back on and you are back at the spot you left off. It wont drink any of your scotch.

3) It really isnt hard to make your own backing tracks. If you have the gear already it only costs time. 3mins per instrument. You can store and recall that track for ever in the digital world.

A cheap recording set up wouldnt cost much more than a trio.

If you are feeling really lazy Youtube and the internet is full of backing tracks. Some are so good its almost ridiculous.

So, Im taking the casio trio back, its a poor version of things I already have. I think the technology involved is clever. But I can see it sitting in a draw in a few months of not being used

• 1 month later...

Took me a whole fifteen minutes to realize this pedal wasn't for me... Sending it back.. It works, but the complexity of my playing (or lack thereof) proves it doesn't bring much to the table for me.

Just to check, anyone want it before I do? I even bought the optional footswitch. I guess they were back ordered for a long time. I'm not sure how readily available they are.

I've had mine for a while.Just had a limited amount of time with it. my take away so far is that it will really help me with timing. perhaps more of a practice tool. I like it so far but between end of school with the kids and vacation I haven't had a chance to to really practice with it.

haven't given up yet.

Archived