Heritage Owners Club

Black H-137 Pickguard - last pickguard post, I promise....

Cryoman

Here's a photo of the black H-137 pickguard I made for Heritage525.  (It's just sitting on top of my gold-pearl pickguard on my H-137, but you get the general idea...) 

I had the gumption to tell Graham at Wolfe's the day before yesterday that my design is nicer than his (or Jay's...)...:')  I'm going to send them one of my gold-pearl editions just for good karma points.

Cheers,  Cryoman

PS.  I still have one gold-pearl pickguard free to anyone just for the asking....

width=600 height=450http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/cryoman_bucket/Pickguard009.jpg[/img]

Full size here:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/c...ickguard009.jpg

PS.  If you are interested in one of these black H-137 pickguards, please go to the Wanted/For Sale section of this site.

Graham hadn't seen the design when I chatted with him. I was just "messing with him", their design is just fine, but I did ask that he come here to the forum to take a peak.  I'll probably send a copy of the pickguard off to Heritage and tell them they can own the design in exchange for a Heritage coffee mug or T-shirt....

Cheers, Cryoman

Yours is a sweet looking guitar indeed.  My design fits those dog-ear P-90s like a glove.  I don't understand those big gaps around the pickups of the Wolfe design...it's not good design work IMHO.  I got material left for 4 more black pickguards... I can flip my template for your lefty....

Today I sent both a black and gold-pearl copy of my pickguard to Ren Wall at Heritage with a note saying they can have the design in return for a coffee mug...

Thanks for the nice comments. I really enjoyed doing this. Next up, a better PG design for the H-150CM.....

Cheers, Cryoman

PS. I really love those trapezoids on your 137. Wish I had those on mine... well, the dots are pretty cool, too...

New Photo - I've abandoned the gold-pearl and replaced it with this black (5 ply).  My guitar was having an indentity crisis....gold-pearl pickguard, silver hardware, black pickups, gold knobs, cream neck binding....  I think black speed knobs are next.  Cheers, Cryoman

width=600 height=450http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/cryoman_bucket/BlackPickguardH-137001.jpg[/img]

Large edition here:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/c...ardH-137001.jpg

Yours is a sweet looking guitar indeed.  My design fits those dog-ear P-90s like a glove.  I don't understand those big gaps around the pickups of the Wolfe design...it's not good design work IMHO.  I got material left for 4 more black pickguards... I can flip my template for your lefty....

Today I sent both a black and gold-pearl copy of my pickguard to Ren Wall at Heritage with a note saying they can have the design in return for a coffee mug...

Thanks for the nice comments. I really enjoyed doing this. Next up, a better PG design for the H-150CM.....

Cheers, Cryoman

PS. I really love those trapezoids on your 137. Wish I had those on mine... well, the dots are pretty cool, too...

I think Jay said they wanted to keep it similar to the originals, but it couldn't be just the same as the Gibson ones. I'll probably meave mine like it is.

The H-140 I have has an ebony fretboard with "outline" crowns, so I special ordered the new one with the ebony fretboard and regular crowns. They're a really close match and there's no difference, except a little heaver on the H-137, the H-140 has a belly relief. They're (currently) my two favorites, I backslide to the Fenders or acoustics from time to time.

I think you should push them about your H-137 guard, it's something clean, and has that 50s "modern" look. Good luck with it.

On my 3 H-150s, I always take the "horn" on the outside down with a belt sander and then contour it. I like it better than the traditional LP PG, as it has a nice curving sweep to it that way. All 3 are a tad different, due to the handmade thing, but it looks great, IMO.

rooster.

On my 3 H-150s, I always take the "horn" on the outside down with a belt sander and then contour it. I like it better than the traditional LP PG, as it has a nice curving sweep to it that way. All 3 are a tad different, due to the handmade thing, but it looks great, IMO.

rooster.

Hrmm, do we need to trot out the "useless without pics" smiley?  ;)

Archived