Heritage Owners Club

Advertising through Pedigree

kidsmoke

So I went in search of an amp tech here in Indianapolis. Seems I'm paying a price for my lazy post gig breakdown habits. I placed my tilt back leg I use for my Boogie IN the cabinet on top of the 'verb tank. it flopped around a bit and knocked a tab off the back of the speaker, which the wires are soldered to. Everything works, but it's just a matter of time. Simple repair but I want it done right.

Anyhoo, my stupidity is not the point of this thread (though almost without exception the catalyst for most of my threads) in searching, I came across this dude. And I plan to call him. He went to the trouble of sharing a bit more context than most do in regards to "history" of his business, and it works for me.

I think many of you amp geeks will enjoy this as well, because in draws on some seemingly significant amp-evolution benchmarks.

Do read on!

http://www.unclealberts.com/history.html

You should certainly pick up some great stories when getting your amp back. Cool site.

Way back before water was wet we used to pile EVERYTHING in the back of the amp. Imagine a Twin Reverb with a Wah, a Fuzz Face, extra batteries and all the cables in the cab. Never once popped a speaker or lug.

Definitely a cool back story on his family and the business. And, Yeah, if Mark trusts the guy, that would definitely be good enough for me! Cool band they have, as well. Good luck with the repair, Kip; if you are ever back through Central Illinois, give me a shout. I promise I'll buy you a GOOD beer this time....

You found the right guy Kip, I have used him many times. Kevin is a really good guy to deal with and very straight up and reasonable. He also has the world's largest collection of Batman memorabilia, he has offered to show me and I'll take him up on that just to check it out, fun stuff. He is very talented and likes to talk music, his shop is the converted garage at his house, you'll like him.

Archived