Heritage Owners Club

H 575

Alf

Man I would buy that guitar in a heart beat.....if I was in the market....and..had the cash.  :wink:

I have the acoustic version of this guitar.  Of all the guitars I own I will keep the 475 for the rest of my life.  It's a second and has been rode hard and put up nasty but it would be the hardest of my sticks to replace. 

The guitar you are looking at would look real good next to the 475.  It's a purty one.  Get it.  If you don't currently own a Heritage you will not appreciate the quality of their instruments.  They feel and sound real.  After years of playing some of my Heritages I still have my breath taken away by their tone and playability.  I'll bet the 575 would go from smooth jazz tones to "full tilt scream."  Man that's a pretty guitar. 

Here are a few of my 475. 

http://www.ronwarren.com/475/index.htm

That one has a really nice top on it.

Just tell me something about this guitar folks!

H575s are made from solid woods, instead of laminates that G makes them with.

I sold an H575 about a month ago, and regretted it. (Bottom picture)

I found another one on eBay; it's not going anywhere! (Top picture)

Full.JPG

Full.JPG_thumb

H575 Full.jpg

H575 Full.jpg_thumb

Hi All,

It's good to hear the positive comments about the H575's.  I just put a deposit on a second hand 2005 H575, that I have never played, but from a very reputable dealer here in Australia.  Tobacco burst, with HRW's.  A fine new chestnut  H575, that first caught my interest had been bought via the internet by and American chap - I was a bit slow, anyway looks like the Aussie dollar fell more than the US dollar.  If the H575 it is as well made as the H535 that I bought several years ago I will be one very happy camper.  Might be a few months before I get hold of it though - I need to sell my Godin ST-IV and Ibanez AS80 to pay for it.

This site has a supremely positive vibe, keep up the great work,

Greg

This site has a supremely positive vibe, keep up the great work,

Greg

Man Greg, you should have been at the Pilgrimage last summer, winter for you.  Good damn people.  The visitors, the host and the employees of Heritage, all damn good hard working people.  (Of course I was the weakest link....)  A very nice, creative and "let's have a good time" kinda' bunch. 

"An American chap."  That sounds odd to our unsophisticated ears.  ;D  I can live with it just fine though.  Just be careful how you throw around that, "Yank" word.  To some of us, it is just plain wrong. 

I lift my glass to the Carlton Blues! 

Hey Fons

I bought a 575Custom here a few months ago from a member and I have been thrilled with the guitar.

It sounds incredible whether it is plugged in (Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue), or just playing it out of the case.

It is always a leap of faith buying a guitar before playing but I can honestly say this guitar has been a great fit for me. I like

jazz and really like the soul/funk/jazz instrumental thing (Soulive, Charlie Hunter, Melvin Sparks, etc...). 

You might even be able to hear some people playing one if you look at youtube

Good Luck....Take the leap!

Thundersteel, you should mark the photos of your babies with  <Attention! GAS !> notes. Seriously. Think about it. I wouldnt check it. The maple one is a true country star in the right surroundings.  :laugh:

I bought a 575 Custom here a few months ago from a member and I have been thrilled with the guitar.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Keith! Did you notice the one I got to replace it with? I still prefer the color of "yours" (not used to blondes!), but I'm happy with what I got!

Thundersteel, you should mark the photos of your babies with  <Attention! GAS !> notes. Seriously.

Maybe I should--I don't want to induce any heart palpitations!

Hey High Flying Bird,

thanks for the comments.  "Carlton Blues" well that's aussie rules and definately from the south of the country.

I've worked with enough of my Stateside colleagues to be aware of the sensitivity of yank and yankee. Man am I envious of the jazz scene in the US - regular pilgrimmages to visit my inlaws in Brazil means someday I'll be passing through and checking out the music scene.  My Philadelphia born mate says NYC is the place for immersion in jazz. What do you reckon?

Cheers,

Greg

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Keith! Did you notice the one I got to replace it with? I still prefer the color of "yours" (not used to blondes!), but I'm happy with what I got!

I really am enjoying it. I have been playing a ton and learning a lot with it and about it.

Yeah T Steel, your new git has a beautiful top. I bet it sounds terrific. What have you found about the guitar that is different, for better or worse, from your first 575? What are the pup's?

For our knowledge and Fons'.

I definitely prefer the darker finishes, especially with chrome hardware. I got a very nice compliment from my new guitar instructor the other day about the acoustic quality of the tone (unplugged). He is a very well established jazz guitar player/teacher from the University of Southern Maine, Gary Wittner.

What made you want to get another 575? I bet it was the feel of that style of guitar. It is a very comfortable guitar.

What have you found about the guitar that is different, for better or worse, from your first 575? What are the pup's?

I believe the neck isn't quite as thick as yours. It has S-D '59s in it; it doesn't seem to feed back as much as the Schallers yours has in it. I prefer darker colors as well, but the natural is growing on me!

Do you think the Seth's I bought from you would produce less feedback?

The neck is really growing on me. It has been playing quite buttery. ;D

Or maybe that's because I love toast so much :wink:

I think ultimately if the guitar sounds good the color becomes a distant second in preferences for me.

Archived