Heritage Owners Club

Who supplies volume/tone knobs for Heritage H-150s?

rmcgrath

I would like to get some replacement amber top hat knobs for my 2006 H-150 from the original supplier, if possible.

The Gibson, Proline and DiMarzio knobs are not exactly the same. Not the end of the world if I can't get them but any help/information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I would think that if your guitar has the old Mexican made pots (2006 would be that time period), they would most likely be for import spline shafts. Most likely the one from Stew Mac. for coarse shafts.

The original pots had the fine-knurled shafts and I've done a rewire and replaced them with the Emerson Pro CTS pots (also fine-knurled, from Stew Mac). 3 of the 4 pots had sharp/well defined knurls. The 4th and subsequently ordered pots (3) just are not sharp at all. The one knob grooves are now not useful. Stew Mac has been good about it and sent me the sharpest remaining pots they had. I'll probably just order their replacement knob. It 'looks' the closest. Or I'll call Emerson and see if the have any pots with a sharp knurled pot shaft. I'm being way too particular as always. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

In case anyone else wanted to know who supplies the amber top hat knobs for H-150s. I finally got around to finding out.

Allparts, item #: PK-0140-022 Vintage Style Amber Bell Knobs.

https://www.allparts.com/PK-0140-022-Vintage-Style-Amber-Bell-Knobs_p_2824.html

Thanks to Graham at Wolfe Guitars for steering me in the right direction and Kim Doolittle, Heritage Customer Service Representative, for confirming it (she responded in 38 minutes!!!!).

I have a new H-150 on its' way from Wolfe Guitars. I hope I love it as much as my 2006 with Lollar P-90s. I'm sure I will.

In case anyone else wanted to know who supplies the amber top hat knobs for H-150s. I finally got around to finding out.

Thanks to Graham at Wolfe Guitars for steering me in the right direction and Kim Doolittle, Heritage Customer Service Representative, for confirming it (she responded in 38 minutes!!!!).

I have a new H-150 on its' way from Wolfe Guitars. I hope I love it as much as my 2006 with Lollar P-90s. I'm sure I will.

2 birds with one stone! Kim is excellent at her job! Congrats on your purchase you must share a New Guitar Day NGD with us!

[...]

Thank you for this info!

Ralph

Seems to me like they used to always get the cheapest crap hardware they could find and install that at the factory. Nothing special and nothing wrong with upgrading the hardware. New owners will probably use a little better ingredients but still no harm in buying after market parts.

I just did the same thing with my 157. It had 2 different types of pots installed from the factory made in mexico. I just purchased a pretty wired kit from RSGuitarworks and will be installing it today. I also got new knobs from them as well.

Pre wired. It is pretty though

I just did the same thing with my 157. It had 2 different types of pots installed from the factory made in mexico. I just purchased a pretty wired kit from RSGuitarworks and will be installing it today. I also got new knobs from them as well.

Pre wired. It is pretty though

I've heard a lot of good things about RSGuitarworks.

I installed it last night. What a massive difference! I had no idea it would be like this. The volume and tone pots are so good. Very usable. It was worth the $$$$

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Archived