Heritage Owners Club

Bridge innovation... No good to us old "stick in the mud" types though...

cosmikdebriis

Whilst checking out the bridge radius of Schaller bridges I came across this development...

Looks pretty nice too.... 8)

It has, what for some time, I've been looking for. Individual string height adjustment. (amongst many other interesting features).

Problem is... Not much use on your old 150 unless you're going to get your drill out :P

Well worth a look though.

http://schaller-electronic.com/hp113018/Sc...teg-_Hannes.htm

Odd thing is, I was looking because the Schaller bridges as used by Heritage and Heritages neck radius are different. So individual string height adjusment would be really useful on a 150 etc. Oh well... prehaps one day :'(

The bridge unit vibratory mass has been minimised.

Interesting theory. However, it's the opposite of what G&L uses on theirs:

"The most significant feature is a small Allen screw on the side of the bridge, which presses all the saddles together so they resonate as though they were one single mass."

Does anyone know if there's any reason heritage have a fretboard radius of approx 12" but use  Schaller bridges of radius 14"  ???

Seems odd to me...

There might be one reason. The action should be set higher for bass strings, so why not.

This is just a guess. There are also other suppliers with 14"radius bridges.

I've slowly realized that everything schaller makes is ugly, that included...I end up replacing the schaller parts on all my gtrs

it must be the same guy who designs it all  ???

don't like the sound of their pickups either

I will admit to being stuck in the mud about that new bridge system though.

My guitars sustain just fine, the radius doesn't matter all that much to me, and I'm a calloused olde fart: who cares about comfort? I played Telecaster barbed wire bridges for decades! :police:

Does anyone know if there's any reason heritage have a fretboard radius of approx 12" but use  Schaller bridges of radius 14"  ???

Seems odd to me...

12" is the old Gibson standard, so that's probably why Heritage retained it.  Maybe the better question is why Schaller makes a TOM replacement bridge with the wrong radius for 90% of the guitars it's going to be used on.   :)

I actually haven't noticed this problem on my 555 with the Schaller roller bridge.  But on my 157 I'm very sensitive to having uniformly low action, so I'm glad it has a real TOM bridge.

The issue of radius on TOM bridges is a real problem for me on 7-string guitars.  The wider neck exaggerates any mismatch between bridge and neck radii, and I've had some cheaper 7-strings where the low B and high E had to sit stupidly high just for the thing to be playable.  Someday, some smart company is going to introduce a height-adjustable TOM replacement, and I will rejoice.

As for who cares about comfort:  my tired, ragged old carpal tunnels, that's who.  :laugh:

...As for who cares about comfort:  my tired, ragged old carpal tunnels, that's who.   :laugh:

:angel: OK, I can see that. Been there! Had the surgery. Worked for me.

And to be honest, I DO prefer comfort to pain, cold, or even money!

But, isn't money supposed to be able to buy comfort? Tell my knees!

Archived