Heritage Owners Club

WHo's your favourite Heritage dealer ?

holdgaj

I bought mine right here in NJ-Music Boutique.  They are not pushy, as helpful as can be, with reasonable prices.  And they have a few 05 and 06 versions that are brand new.  I have also talked to Graham from Jay Wolfe's place, and he was so helpful I couldn't get him off the phone.  If I was to ever buy a guitar without playing it, it would be from Graham/Jay.

Next one I get is coming from Wolfe Guitars. When I called and inquired last time I was in the market, they were very professional and polite. All I ask for is the slightest bit of respect from a seller when I am spending a nice chunk of my hard earned money. Plus they seem to carry a good variery of some very choice Heritage models. I am certain that being a premiere Heritage retail establishment has it's privileges as far as getting first dibs on the nicer finishes for instance.

I DID mention in a previous thread that Eddies Guitars in St. Louis, MO (www.eddiesguitars.com) was "wheelin and a dealin" on some Heritage Guitars a few weeks ago, may still be. If you go to his website, you will see he is a very high end dealer, but has no where near the variety in stock, especially Heritages, that they have at Wolfe Guitars. Another problem with Eddies' is they generally have a snooty additude on the phone, which is probably why they don't have enough sales hence the "dealin", so maybe the customer can win in the end. They have a lot invested in their inventory and I imagine they want to hear that cash register ring now and again to keep their hopes up.

Might be worth the price of a long distance call to see if they can beat a Heritage deal you saw for sale somewhere else. Who knows, maybe if the stars are aligned just right, they may get you a great price, along with some friendly service. But don't hold your breath on the "firiendly" part. For some reason a lot of folks mistake being "cool" for being A-holes. Guess it could happen anywhere.

But, in the long run, unless another less friendly seller makes you an offer you can't refuse,  I will always be more inclined to deal with folks who welcome customers rather than "tolerate" them. Doesn't make sense people act this way in a place of business where selling things is what they SUPPOSED to do. But many of the salespeople ARE guitar players as well, and we all know what kind of nuts they can be  ;)

If you call Eddies you will probably talk with Nathan. Be sure to ask about the weight of a specific Heritage before you buy. Most of his H-150's have the baseline Golden Age pickups. I bought a dark almondburst H-150 from them last Spring and it weighs about 10 pounds. He has a new translucent cherry H-150 on the inventory and he lists it at 9.9 lbs. I would speculate that with the baseline pickups and higher weights he's most likely getting them cheaper from Heritage, so that may be why he's willing to deal. If you don't want a heavy one be sure to ask.

I have a contact who can get his hands on three brand-new H-150 CM models immediately.  There's a transblue, black, and vintage sunburst one.  This is the model with the trapezoid inlays, Duncans, tune-o-matic, and G-style stop tailpiece.  The discount is better than you're likely to find elsewhere, the warranty is valid, and there's no tax.

This same source can get Gibson, Fender, and most of the major brands plus boutique makers such as Suhr.  Contact me privately if you're interested.

If (when!) my spec'd Super Eagle shows up at Jay's, I'll probably drive the ten or so hours down there to pick it up, just to meet Jay and Graham, take a couple of pix of the exchange for the archives, noodle around the shop for a while.  Jay has responded substantively to three or four e-mails, always within twelve hours, and I've spoken to Graham on the phone three or four times.  I think he'd have talked all day if I'd wanted to.  Never got the bum's rush!  When things were looking pretty grim in K'zoo, Jay was quick to offer me several attractive options to my order.  I have every confidence we'll see this deal through.  I'm looking forward to my Florida trip!

Rob

Jay Wolfe came thru with my custom order. Was happy with the price too.

I like Jay Wolfe very much:

Over the course of six or seven years I have bought one used from him, he helped me and a friend of mine's wife pick out a guitar for his birthday, he helped me sell one of my Heritage guitars, and I've done a special order through him for an H-137.

He's 4-0 for good service, fair prices and excellent communication in regard to the transactions.

Just thought I'd chime in, since this thread is still going. Not the biggest Heritage dealer, by any means, but I had a great experience with Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, Il. Bought my H535 there. Bob Moggio is a really nice guy, easy going and pretty knowledgeable about his stock. If you're in the StL area, he's worth checking out.

• 1 month later...

Jeff Hale has got to be the among the most honest businessmen I've ever met.  I have a Heritage KB Groovemaster on order with him after purchasing a Jazzkat amp last year.  Jeff has been extremely patient as we've had several long phone conversations about this guitar, any special features (I'm getting it with gold hardware and SD Phat Cats), and trading in my old mid-70s Les Paul to finance this purchase.

A knowledgable honest dealer and a very nice man.

I'm relatively new to Heritage guitars, I had seen reviews online and read great things about them.

Unfortunately in Ireland they are a non existant brand, I did enquire in my local music shop but their distribution in the UK and Ireland is very poor.

I took the plunge and ordered a new, in stock, lefty 535 in Golden Amber with matched 59's from Jay Wolfe - I had never even seen a Heritage let alone played one.

The whole process was entirely painless - I received replies to my emails, and there were many, sometimes in a matter of minutes.

About six weeks later I bought another guitar from Jay, a used 575 Custom. Again the process was worry free and I would not hesitate to recommend Wolfe Guitars to anyone.

Unfortunately in Ireland...

Completely off topic, so maybe I should ask in the Family Tree section...but, what do you Irish guys think about Guinness really?  I mean, I dig the stout stuff (not the cutesy bottles with the nitrogen charge in them, the stuff in the short bottles that you keep in the cellar...mmmmmm).

Hi Dick ....

I actually don't drink myself, I gave it up way back.When i did partake Guinness was a favourite tipple, but in draught form.

Guinness doesn't travel very well and is generally only available in draught in Ireland.

Bottled Guinness is okay but nowhere near as good as the draught.

Also the bottled version produces some serious GAS, and I don't mean the guitar variety  :D  :-X

Well being in the UK its difficult to say but I bought a H535 and two G&Ls from Jay Wolfe one an Asat Classic the other a Legacy Special pre owned and Jay and his English Luthier Graham were exceptionally helpful far way and above anything you would get here.

The wonderful thing is that you can really talk to them and they do their utmost to guarantee your satisfaction as purchasing from the states is sight unseen and unplayed BIG time.

I was over the moon on the three deals.

Archived