Heritage Owners Club

Newbie with a couple of questions re: H-525 models

emilio

Hello to everyone on this forum...I am new to Heritage guitars, of course I have heard about them and know a little bit about the history of the factory, but, never having been in the market for a hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitar, I never gave Heritage much thought...I know, shame on me...anyway, being a P-90 pickup lover, and owning a dual P-90 solidbody guitar already, I have become pretty interested in the H-525, as that seems to get the T-Bone Walker tone I really like...thanks youtube...so my questions are as follows, for H-525 owners

Will the 525 really nail that T-Bone tone?  Are there any recommendations for dealers, close the New Jersey area?

Do these particular models come up used occasionally? 

Well that is all I really wanted to ask and just add that your opinions and experiences with this (H-525) particular model would be greatly appreciated..regards, emilio

Hello to everyone on this forum...I am new to Heritage guitars, of course I have heard about them and know a little bit about the history of the factory, but, never having been in the market for a hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitar, I never gave Heritage much thought...I know, shame on me...anyway, being a P-90 pickup lover, and owning a dual P-90 solidbody guitar already, I have become pretty interested in the H-525, as that seems to get the T-Bone Walker tone I really like...thanks youtube...so my questions are as follows, for H-525 owners

Will the 525 really nail that T-Bone tone?  Are there any recommendations for dealers, close the New Jersey area?

Do these particular models come up used occasionally? 

Well that is all I really wanted to ask and just add that your opinions and experiences with this (H-525) particular model would be greatly appreciated..regards, emilio

Hi emilio and Welcome to the HOC.

There was one available for sale here a while back, I think it is sold though. I haven't seen very many of them for sale on Ebay or Craigslist. In fact I don't think there are that many 525 owners around, it is a relatively new model. Eddies or Wolfe guitars seem to be the largest Heritage stockists so they would probably be the place to start looking.

Hope this helps.

Welcome emilio!  Kuz, a frequent poster and P-90 junkie here, has a P-90 525.  I'm certain he'll be weighing in shortly.  He'll give you the skinny on that guitar!  I have a Super Eagle (like a Super 400) with the Lollar P-90's, an incredible pickup!  My $.02...Check out Jay Wolfe's inventory, give them a call and talk to Jay or Graham, and see what they'll do for you.  Jay is the world's biggest Heritage retailer, as Southpaw has said, and gets great specimens!  Happy hunting!

Did someone mention my favorite Heritage guitar (OK one of my favorites).

I said it before the 525 is the most versitle guitar I own.

Neck pup = smoke jazz cat hollow body (or yes T-bone).

Mid position = close to your semi-hollow 535 tones.

Bridge pup = Tele heaven.

I got mine at Wolfe guitars. It is also the most playable Heritage own and maybe the most beautiful. I'll let you judge, but it is a LIFETIME keeper, I was just playing her last night.

th_Photo2_458c0-Original.jpg

th_photo1_42909-Original.jpg

th_Photo3_a9dba-Original.jpg

thank you all for your input...Kuz, I did some searching and found you tone report on the 525 and 535 w/Lollars...since I can not find this info anywhere, can someone tell just how thick the 525 is?  I believe the 575 is 2 3/4 " and the 535 is 1 1/2", but I can't find this info anywhere, regarding the 525...also, does anyone know if I can order a 575 w/Lollars?  thanks again, emilio

thank you all for your input...Kuz, I did some searching and found you tone report on the 525 and 535 w/Lollars...since I can not find this info anywhere, can someone tell just how thick the 525 is?  I believe the 575 is 2 3/4 " and the 535 is 1 1/2", but I can't find this info anywhere, regarding the 525...also, does anyone know if I can order a 575 w/Lollars?  thanks again, emilio

The 525 was designed by Wolfe Guitars, the specs are on their gbase site ...

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1548896

"OK P-90 Lovers- you asked for this- Thinner laminated H575 Florentine cutaway archtop with Jason Lollar's awesome dog ear P-90's, PLEK precision fret setup, 2.25" rim depth, 24 3/4" scale, bound rosewood board w/ dots, Sperzel's grained Ivoroid button tuners, tune-o-matic bridge on a hand fitted Rosewood base, "Real" Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. We designed this very cool new model for Heritage, and we "love" the resulting fine hand made guitar. You'll love it too. Call us in Florida @ 561-746-2209 NOTE: This new model is now Heritage model H525PTD. Please see our listings under this model designation. "

Some of the earlier 525 are listed there as a "575 thin"

photo1_ec482.jpg

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/DealerStore.as...p=5&Track=Y

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/DealerStore.as...p=5&Track=Y

Those pics won't help your GAS !

KUZ;  just gotta tell you that your 525 sets the bar pretty high for flamed maple tops...absolutely gorgeous, we can only hope more come from the factory like it...

Brentrocks:  Yes, that particular 525 over at the gearpage is still available...think I am going to pass on it, really would prefer a natural finished version...

FWIW:  anyone looking for a used 575, check out davesguitar.com...he has a 2006 model listed as being in Exc. Cond., asking $1495....thought about this one and adding Phat Cats or some other humbucker sized P-90, might still do that, but, being the next guitar I buy will be the last one, that's what I told my wife, figured I might as well get the one I really want to.  Yes, this forum does nothing good for your GAS...regards, emilio

...but, being the next guitar I buy will be the last one, that's what I told my wife, figured I might as well get the one I really want to.

Yeah!  I've told that lie to both of us...on numerous occasions!  Let me know how you get out of that box, emilio.    :wink:

Gregor Hilden is an excellent player and a very nice guy. Did I mention that I've bought that 525 from him?

That is a great sounding guitar (I've told others when they ask about how the 525 sounds to watch his video) and a real looker too!

Archived