Heritage Owners Club

157 Price Check

squawken

This is somewhat related to another thread.  Brent found Foxes Music that has my white whale 157.  I'm pretty much up on prices for 150's but not 157's.  What do you think is a reasonable price for the white 157?

I agree with Brent.  157's can run from $1900 - $2,600+/- depending on the wood and p'ups.  HRW loaded ones tend to bring in a tiny bit more.  

Check recent Ebay sales and you'll get some ideas of pricing also.

There's that perenial white whale with the lacquer cracked heel going for $1,500 on Ebay. :rolleyes:

I agree with Brent.  157's can run from $1900 - $2,600+/- depending on the wood and p'ups.  HRW loaded ones tend to bring in a tiny bit more.  

Check recent Ebay sales and you'll get some ideas of pricing also.

There's that perenial white whale with the lacquer cracked heel going for $1,500 on Ebay. :rolleyes:

Thanks Gitfiddler.  With 3 pups,do you have separate tone or volume for each one?

How much do 157 cost???

How about .."One M i l l i o n dollars"!!!

th_Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Just remember when everyone is trying to get a better price, go to e-bay, ect... That times are tough for Heritage and their dealers too.

I'm not calling anyone out. Same cost inquires on the PRS site. Everyone says times are tough and bad economy, but when the economy turns around are we going to be willing to pay more??? In the 80s and early 90s I looked for deals just like I do now. But now is when we should be more understand of a dealer price than when times are good. If I can't afford a guitar or amp I'm not going to try to barter. I'll ask for their best price and that's it. Because everyone is hurting- Heritage and their dealers alike.

I can't say much about new prices, but $1300 for a used 157 is about right, maybe a little more if it has Duncans and G-style hardware.  I had my goldtop priced at $1500 with Seths, G-style hardware, and a custom black wooden pickguard.

I agree with you Kuz.  I'm watching my local music store struggle, especially with their heritages.  However, I also want to make sure I am on the same end of a fair deal.

I think your comment is fair. Everyone should be understanding but we don't want to be taken advantaged of either by the dealer.

Interesting is that I have not heard of a price increase for Heritage for 2009 (doesn't mean they didn't have one, but I haven't heard of one.)

I talked with Bill Paige yesterday and he said he got verbal commitments from a number of outlets overseas at NAMM. And while they would like more orders in general, if these overseas orders pan out it could be one of their better NAMM shows.

IMHO, its a shame that overseas orders have to bail out an american tradition that is Heritage guitars! :(

I think your comment is fair. Everyone should be understanding but we don't want to be taken advantaged of either by the dealer.

Interesting is that I have not heard of a price increase for Heritage for 2009 (doesn't mean they didn't have one, but I haven't heard of one.)

I talked with Bill Paige yesterday and he said he got verbal commitments from a number of outlets overseas at NAMM. And while they would like more orders in general, if these overseas orders pan out it could be one of their better NAMM shows.

IMHO, its a shame that overseas orders have to bail out an american tradition that is Heritage guitars! :(

My local store has about 6 Heritages that have not moved in roughly 15 months since I bought myfirst one.  They are contemplating putting them on e-bay.  With their prices though I think they are in for a bit of a shock compared to the prices I am seeing on ebay now.

You almost nailed it-$2699

you might want to price a les paul or even (gasp) an lp custom shop before you decide 2699.00 is too high.

I think we've become use to Heritages selling for silly low prices considering the quality of workmanship..

price it out from gibson, prs, hammer, and then we can talk about if 2699.00 is too much.

how many times have you seen a three blow hole white whale, and a virgin no less!

you might want to price a les paul or even (gasp) an lp custom shop before you decide 2699.00 is too high.

I think we've become use to Heritages selling for silly low prices considering the quality of workmanship..

price it out from gibson, prs, hammer, and then we can talk about if 2699.00 is too much.

how many times have you seen a three blow hole white whale, and a virgin no less!

yeah...that guitar w/ the same specs w/ the G name on it..............................................................................

....you are prob talking $3500-$4500????????

Why not buy a used 157 and have it painted by a pro?  That's bound to be cheaper than $2600.

I would probably have a hard time covering up any woodwork if I saw it originally.  I was also bidding on an Epiphone Elitist on ebay, but that price is almost out of the range that I deem reasonable.  I am going to have to EARN my white whale!!

I am interested in a pic of the 'white whale' with 3 blow holes??  I talked to Ren recently about my white H150, and he said they paint very few white as white is a hard color to paint.  Mine also has laquer cracks at the heel.  I'm sending it to Ren for installation of HRWs and a tweak (cost = an amazing $100 bucks + $45 return shipping!)  But, back to my request - can I see a pic of the 'white whale' please?

Thanks!

I am interested in a pic of the 'white whale' with 3 blow holes??  I talked to Ren recently about my white H150, and he said they paint very few white as white is a hard color to paint.  Mine also has laquer cracks at the heel.  I'm sending it to Ren for installation of HRWs and a tweak (cost = an amazing $100 bucks + $45 return shipping!)  But, back to my request - can I see a pic of the 'white whale' please?

Thanks!

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,3606.0.html

the pics are here

$100 for HRW upgrade?????  that is unheard of!!!  are you a personal friend or something? ;D  i would like to get that deal ;D

Thanks for posting the pic!  Sweet!

RE:  The HRW upgrade - I will be providing the pickups.  I have spoken to Ren a couple of times, but don't know him.  He told me originally to hold onto the White H150 (control plate says H157, but its a 150).  I sent an email asking about cost to install HRWs in it (currently has Schallers).  He called me at work and said the cost would be $100 bucks to check pups, install, and do a complete setup on guitar ++ $45 bucks to ship back to me.  So my cost would be $145 bucks to Heritage + my cost to ship it to them.  I hope I haven't opened a can of worms?  Can't imagine I did tho'...

Archived