Heritage Owners Club

Values of used Heritages

fraidykat

Good morning,

I've bought one H-140 and am looking at the possibility of purchasing a 170.  I usually use the Vintage Guitar pricing guide.  There's a mention of Heritage, but no lists of models or current values.  Is there another guide that does list Heritages? 

Thanks,

Kate    :undecided:

You could always check ebays used auctions. That's typically what I do, thought it's harder for me being lefty.

I've seen 170s going for around $7-800 lately if that's any help, with leftys being a little more expensive around $1k

There's a guy on ebay who has a goldtop 170 that has not sold.  His reserve is too high, but he has told me he'll take $850 for it, plus shipping.  I think the right price is closer to $700-750 in today's market (which is about where the ebay bids top out).  The orange one that's running on ebay has some custom features: block inlays, HRW's, Bigsby, but this seller also has a high reserve and the guitar has not sold after many attempts.

Hi Kate, yes, only Ebay searches seem to list H-170's...on the rare occassions that one pops up there.

Also checking here at the HOC might be helpful too, since Chico and others post Craigslistings and other sellers around the country.

Here's the last 170 I saw on the Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heritage-H-170-GOLDTOP...A1%7C240%3A1318

Thanks for the info, guys.  I've been watching those two 170s that you mentioned.  I agree, I'd pick one up (w/o Bigsby) if I could get it in the $700 range. 

You make me feel vindicated.  :angel:

I'll keep looking!!

Thanks,

Kate

Jeez, I wish that 170 with the Bigsby would go away!  I had (have) bad GAS for that one, and I thought I'd heard the last of it....  Good luck with your quest, Kate!  There's a wealth of information on the HOC; don't hesitate to tap into it!

I think the HOC is a good place to keep tabs on the prices.  Especially in the for sale or ebay watch section.  Hell, I just bought a G&L ASAT I didn't even need from Heritage525 just because I was trolling around there. ;D

Archived