Heritage Owners Club

Notes from trip to factory...

Kuz

First, off everyone is in good health.

They are feeling the economic crunch like everyone. They would gladly accept new orders. They have had to scale back some.

BUT NO PRICE INCREASE FOR 2009. I SAID NO PRICE INCREASE FOR 2009 FOR HERITAGE GUITARS.

CHECK OUT PRS. GREAT GUITARS BUT THEY HAD WHAT A 15% INCREASE FOR 2009. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE INCREASES FOR GIBBY & FENDER.

1.  If in your budget it is a great time to support Heritage and support the fact they continue to keep prices down and quality up. Consider a new guitar. I am not paid or given any advantage to say this. I told Vince I hadn't heard of a price increase and he said they aren't having one.

2. The 110 is getting a lot of interest and talk for possible orders. The can even put a Bigsby on the 110. I confirmed that the 110 can be made chambered OR SOLID WOOD. I remember that question coming up here before.

3. The Korina guitars look incredible and Vince & Ren said they had to issue a restraining order against Brent because he wanted to take all of them.

4. The are excited about the possibility of PSP2, but July 17 is the Summer NAMM and Vince will be gone. He down played his absence, but you could tell he really want to be home for it.

5. JP is retiring in April and they would love to have him come to the PSP2.

6. The NAMM show was their best maybe ever. Now their waiting for all the orders they were promised, and they believe they will come in.

That's about it. I wish I knew I was going a day before I did to check on your guys guitars and ask questions, but hell that's what we have the intern Brent for!! :P ;D

John

So, does this kill our July 17th date? What I find encouraging is that they are looking forward to the PSPII. :thumbsup: Well, that and no price increases for 2009. May have to start saving those pennies for that Prospect, now.

Thanks for the update John....lots of good info there!!! ;D

Well...i think we should go for July 31....Ren has a gig the 24th (he said he may be able to reschedule?)

Depending on where Ren's gig is at, we should plan to have HOC activities in conjunction/AT THAT GIG!  Seeing Ren play is something all HOC members would be blown away by.

I saw him last summer at one of his regular gigs at a small-town cafe at afterdinner, it was sorta bluehair (but so am I!), but that guy is some kind of player.

Anyway, whenever it is, I'll be putting the date in my book.  Last summer I had a wedding reception I couldn't get out of, this summer, Katy bar the door!

So, does this kill our July 17th date? What I find encouraging is that they are looking forward to the PSPII. :thumbsup: Well, that and no price increases for 2009. May have to start saving those pennies for that Prospect, now.

Bottom line is we need to check with Heritage and definitively pic a date. I would be will to call Vince, Lance, and the boys, but it maybe easier for someone more local (because they would know where to have the event/jam at).

They currently aren't open Fridays, but Vince said we could still have a tour. Does that mean they will work that Friday to see the employees in action like last year?

Are we going to hold the event somewhere different than last year?

I would be happy to help co-chair the event this year (ie make some phone calls, e-mail directions, ect) but we need answers to these questions first.

1. When is it convient for Heritage so people that come from hundreds of miles away get the full tour like we did last year?

2. Where are we going to house the event/jam/dinner?

3. Would we entertain a 2 day (Friday- Tour, Sat-dinner/cookout & Jam) event?

We need answers. I need answers so I can reserve the vacation day not have to go to a stupid sales meeting.[ :)/b]

So lets get some dates from Heritage and run a quick poll on which dates are the best for everyone. How does that sound???

That sounds good John...you are right, we need to get a validation from Vince on which day works best for them (Friday, Thursday?)

As far as the date, there are going to be people that cannot make it no matter what day we choose....but from what you have said after talking to Vince and what Ren told me 2 weeks ago, it seems to me that the 31st July is the best option right now, if Heritage agrees.

We are more than welcome back at the farm, my parents made that VERY CLEAR ;D

Thats the best i can figure right now :)

That sounds good John...you are right, we need to get a validation from Vince on which day works best for them (Friday, Thursday?)

As far as the date, there are going to be people that cannot make it no matter what day we choose....but from what you have said after talking to Vince and what Ren told me 2 weeks ago, it seems to me that the 31st July is the best option right now, if Heritage agrees.

Sounds good. Can you call Vince Monday or would you like me to? We might want to ask for a couple of good days. If Heritage is willing to be open on a Fri that would be better than Thurs because of the travel schedule for others. Then again a Thurs = tour, Fri = dinner/jam, might be our 2 day PSP2. If we get the dates then we can plan around it. Let me know how I can help.

Sounds good. Can you call Vince Monday or would you like me to? We might want to ask for a couple of good days. If Heritage is willing to be open on a Fri that would be better than Thurs because of the travel schedule for others. Then again a Thurs = tour, Fri = dinner/jam, might be our 2 day PSP2. If we get the dates then we can plan around it. Let me know how I can help.

I can call Monday. 

and report back ;D

the 31st would be super cool as I will be back from europe on the 19th.  :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

Greece. My wife is teaching a summer course there and at this point I think I have enough saved to tag along and bring our two kids.

SWEET!  never been there...but i bet it will be really cool....i would love to see the Acropolis  ;D

yea I'm excited, the drastic swings in air fare keep changin if me and the kids will be giong, as for now we can swing it.

BB..

Don't know if this will help, but check out the following site:

http://farecast.live.com/about/predictionMarkets.do#

Farecast tries to predict whether airfares are going up or down. They're not particulary accurate, but it's better than tossing a coin. They also don't cover Europe particularly well, but airfares to different cities in Europe tend to track each other unless you can get some special deal from some particular airline. Select a New York (JFK) as a departure city, and look at the european cities listed. I usually look at London, Frankfurt, and Rome, as these are hubs where you'll often end up changing planes.

Might help.. Might just be depressing  :(

Archived