Heritage Owners Club

2022 Heritage H-150 Replacement Bridge and Tailpiece

musicalfish

3 hours ago, musicalfish said:

Actually, it appears to be straight when I hold a business card across the tops of the studs anyway :lol:.

Ohh? Lol gosh i been ranting on this on mine it definately look crooked but i have not tried ya method....thx for sharing ... and the bridge i have is also marked API.... sorry just being too lazy to post pics here.... i will do it soon.

3 hours ago, musicalfish said:

Actually, it appears to be straight when I hold a business card across the tops of the studs anyway :lol:.

Ohh? Lol gosh i been ranting on this on mine it definately look crooked but i have not tried ya method....thx for sharing ... and the bridge i have is also marked API.... sorry just being too lazy to post pics here.... i will do it soon.

I actually reached out to Heritage support to ask them about what bridges they used.  Mike at Heritage responded:

Thanks for writing in. The bridge and tailpiece are made for us but you should be able to use any standard-sized Nashville tuneomatic and tailpiece. We have used TonePros in the past with good results.

So I guess that answers it!

5 hours ago, musicalfish said:

I actually reached out to Heritage support to ask them about what bridges they used.  Mike at Heritage responded:

So I guess that answers it!

I make a measurement check again yesterday... if ya wanna try their tighter bridge mounting kit... i kinda think the API new bridge stud well is at 7mm which is correct... you need to go with their nashville heritage i-nsert basically a tap on conversion post + well... then purchase their recommended bridge in our case a ABR1N 

I also did measurement on the heritage tailpiece post well whom i extracted out but that well insert measures 30mm which Faber offer only 21mm in length i am afraid if it will have issue when installed fully seated or halfway....

• 1 month later...

Hello!  There's been some updates since I last posted, and I thought it may be helpful to others to update those thread.

Turns out there was an issue with the tailpiece itself.  It had a casting error where the bass side claw was thicker than the treble side's.  Replaced it with a Gotoh aluminum bridge and studs, ended up swapping for a zinc Gotoh tailpiece as I found the aluminum too woody and bright.  Anyway, the Gotoh tailpiece fits, but it's tight.  The studs from the factory were Imperial threads and not metric.  They were also steel and full length.  The factory tailpiece itself was also steel.  Considering getting a Callaham tailpiece.  Has anyone tried one on their H-150?  I have a Faber ABR1 with the conversion studs in the mail as well, so looking forward to giving that a try.

Archived