Heritage Owners Club

2022 Heritage H-150 Replacement Bridge and Tailpiece

musicalfish

Hello!  I am hoping to replace the bridge and tailpiece on my H-150.  They are chrome, and I just prefer the look of nickel.  Is there a drop-in replacement anyone could recommend?  I can setup a guitar no problem, but don't want to fuss around with pulling studs or drilling.

Just now, kbp810 said:

Faber is a popular replacement; you can do the EZ kit and it will be a straight forward drop in swap. 
https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/master-kit/heritage/

Their kits seem to be for metric/ Schaller bridges.  Is Heritage using metric bridges on their American-made guitars?  Usually I only see metric hardware on import guitars.

1 hour ago, musicalfish said:

Their kits seem to be for metric/ Schaller bridges.  Is Heritage using metric bridges on their American-made guitars?  Usually I only see metric hardware on import guitars.

What year is your 150? If it's a more recent one, I'd wait for someone else to chime in for confirmation. I haven't owned a plaza Era heritage yet. 

I know they used to predominantly use Schaller hardware (German) that had metric posts. However... if it had been a dealer spec'd or custom order, it could have varied. I had a 155 that had metric bridge posts and imperial tail posts (I wasn't the original owner though, someone else might have hodge podged that one). 

Of course when in doubt, can always pull the posts out and check them to be sure. Faber also really good about exchanging posts when needed, if you happen to get the wrong one. 

I have a 2023 heritage h150 whom i just took out the stud and bridge and tailpiece with its stud... 

Maybe if u want some measurement i could be able to help and send in some picture... 

Am resitting the tailpiece right hand side of the tailpiece stud... 

15 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

I have a 2023 heritage h150 whom i just took out the stud and bridge and tailpiece with its stud... 

Maybe if u want some measurement i could be able to help and send in some picture... 

Am resitting the tailpiece right hand side of the tailpiece stud... 

That would be awesome!  Are you able to confirm if it's the metric bridge/ tailpiece?

1 hour ago, musicalfish said:

Ah, the posts please.

i have actually measured with my technical ruler it seems to be like about 5mm from the base of the bridge post..... the tailpiece post is about 7mm... 

But let me double confirm again.. unfortunately i dont have a caliper and can only eye ball the screw thread with the core diameter from the base....

Thanks!  I actually took the bridge off, and took a picture of the bottom.  The tailpiece seemed to be stuck and I couldn't get it off.  Not sure if there is some locking mechanism I'm not seeing.  The bridge has "API" written on the bottom.  I'm guessing that is Advanced Plating Inc?  Doesn't seem to be the Schaller bridge like Faber is assuming comes on the Heritage.  Here's a picture:

PXL_20230715_222905322~2.jpg

7 hours ago, musicalfish said:

Thanks!  I actually took the bridge off, and took a picture of the bottom.  The tailpiece seemed to be stuck and I couldn't get it off.  Not sure if there is some locking mechanism I'm not seeing.  The bridge has "API" written on the bottom.  I'm guessing that is Advanced Plating Inc?  Doesn't seem to be the Schaller bridge like Faber is assuming comes on the Heritage.  Here's a picture:

PXL_20230715_222905322~2.jpg

I suppose its a nashville bridge clone ... but are the measurement exact am not sure... 

Have contacted the guys at Faber and what he describe on measurements if i recall correct is correct... 

Heritage changed from using Grover tuners and nashville bridge to their own supplier clone... thats what the folks here says .... 

I replaced the tailpiece studs on my 22’ H-535 and they are Imperial size threads. The new stuff Heritage uses now is made by Pinnacle. Philadelphia Luthier Supply carries it, and it shows dimensions.

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/bridge-and-tailpieces/nashville-bridges/pinnacle-machined-steel-nashville-tom-guitar-bridge-for-gibson-les-paul-sg/

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/bridge-and-tailpieces/tailpieces-and-wraparound-tailpieces/pinnacle-locking-tailpiece-zinc-diecast-w-locking-set-screw/

Not sure if this is the info is of any help to you.

Mine is a H150 in oxblood i bought a couple of months ago... 

Not really a good experience i had with Heritage honestly due to the poor hardwares installation it got... 

The non grover tuners it came has a rather rough touch not as smooth as the original grover tuners.. 

The bridge stud is slanted so gotta fix it and was lucky enough to be able to take out the tailpiece well ... and will be getting in the faber bridge and tailpiece and the grover tuners ?

I actually checked my tailpiece posts and they seem to be slanted as well.  The bridge looks like it may be too.  I've had this guitar over a year now and haven't noticed!  Since the posts may be slanted, maybe it's better to let sleeping dogs lie and not mess around with replacing something that seems to be working fine.  The slant won't cause any issues, right?  I'm able to intonate just fine and I get a low action, so no playability issues.  Mostly concerned about longevity or issues coming up down the road.  But I haven't had the best experience either, this is actually a replacement for another one that had its truss rod maxed out after a few months.

PXL_20230716_151618136.MP~2.jpg

37 minutes ago, musicalfish said:

I actually checked my tailpiece posts and they seem to be slanted as well.  The bridge looks like it may be too.  I've had this guitar over a year now and haven't noticed!  Since the posts may be slanted, maybe it's better to let sleeping dogs lie and not mess around with replacing something that seems to be working fine.  The slant won't cause any issues, right?  I'm able to intonate just fine and I get a low action, so no playability issues.  Mostly concerned about longevity or issues coming up down the road.  But I haven't had the best experience either, this is actually a replacement for another one that had its truss rod maxed out after a few months.

PXL_20230716_151618136.MP~2.jpg

Ouch.... its really poor QC with Heritage !! If you have no problem with ya intonation and have no concern of the slanted post is fine...

But i personally want my guitars to look as good as it plays..

Did you mean this current guitar was a piece whom heritage got in for you replacing an earlier one with truss rod issue? 

I replaced the bridge and tailpiece on my '21 Standard with TonePros with an aluminum tailpiece. I got the standard set for a Les Paul. I didn't have to change any of the posts or anything.

Yep, the guitar is fine, just a slight cosmetic thing that will pester me, but it still plays and sounds great and I only noticed when I really inspected it closer than I ever would in the normal course of playing, maintenance, etc.  I think I'm going to leave everything as is and not mess with a good thing just to get the look of nickel hardware.  Thanks all for your help!

Archived