Heritage Owners Club

Left handed Heritages

Hey everyone. It is a different guitar journey when you're left handed. Going into a Guitar store maybe you'll get to try one or two guitars but normally there low level guitars. I have mostly purchased online in various ways and hoped for the feel and in person sound. (after much research of course) Fortunately I have found some really awesome guitars over the years. Two weeks ago I found a H-535 lefty in Grand Rapids MI. and wow have I hit pay dirt. The neck was a bit chunkier then I have had previously but man it has settled in and feels so solid. Please reply with a story and pic of your lefty Heritages. (and sure your righties too) Thanks. I look forward to being a part of this community.   

pic.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spectrum13 said:

You lucked out with that color, condition and a wood pickguard!

Play it like you stole it.

I think the wood pickguard/shape was a great design choose. Really like it. Thanks for your comments, I have really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the previous owner was a smoker so I've had the case outside during the day for a week. really impressed with the progress.

57 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Welcome LL.    The resident "expert" on lefty guitars would be Lefty Alicia.   She has been at most of our PSPs with various guitars.  Here's her Millennium.

gallery_139_6_74889.jpg

Thanks so much. Would love to chat with her about her guitars and previous PSP's. Can't wait for the one this year and an opportunity to meet you folks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Here is my 535.  I forget what year it was made, close to '98 maybe?  It is a rush when I can get this thing howling and feel the air coming out of the top f-hole on my forearm.

img_5202_std.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:00 AM, High Flying Bird said:

Here is my 535.  I forget what year it was made, close to '98 maybe?  It is a rush when I can get this thing howling and feel the air coming out of the top f-hole on my forearm.

img_5202_std.jpg

Wow, look at that. A Bigsby is just the coolist piece of hardware on a guitar. That wooden pick guard is awesome too. They should have never gotten rig of that in my opinion.  

18 hours ago, LonelyLefty said:

Wow, look at that. A Bigsby is just the coolist piece of hardware on a guitar. That wooden pick guard is awesome too. They should have never gotten rig of that in my opinion.  

I have owned 3 535s over the years.  One I sold to Mike Novello.  Another I sold to one of my best friends, Jim.  When Jim passed away two years ago his sister said to take all of his gear and give it to friends.  I sold the gold 535 to another friend, Joe.  Originally I gave one guy a H-150, another a Gretcsh Les Paul style guitar and Joe got the Rick 12.  I  have the Ruby Rick.  Where in Indiana do you hail from mate?  I have people in Muncie.  My cousin's daughter coaches the Daleville High boys basketball team. 

img_4285_std.jpg

cant-play_std.jpg

dscf3299_std.jpg

jim-p_std.jpg

gretsch.jpg

dscf5701_std.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

I have owned 3 535s over the years.  One I sold to Mike Novello.  Another I sold to one of my best friends, Jim.  When Jim passed away two years ago his sister said to take all of his gear and give it to friends.  I sold the gold 535 to another friend, Joe.  Originally I gave one guy a H-150, another a Gretcsh Les Paul style guitar and Joe got the Rick 12.  I  have the Ruby Rick.  Where in Indiana do you hail from mate?  I have people in Muncie.  My cousin's daughter coaches the Daleville High boys basketball team. 

img_4285_std.jpg

cant-play_std.jpg

dscf3299_std.jpg

jim-p_std.jpg

gretsch.jpg

dscf5701_std.jpg

Some amazing guitars for sure. That gold H-535 is stunning. I live in Elkhart Indiana. about an hour south of the Heritage Factory. Looking forward to the PSP coming up in August. Can't wait to see the factory. Will your be able to come to that event?

20 hours ago, LonelyLefty said:

Some amazing guitars for sure. That gold H-535 is stunning. I live in Elkhart Indiana. about an hour south of the Heritage Factory. Looking forward to the PSP coming up in August. Can't wait to see the factory. Will your be able to come to that event?

Man, I have been to K-zoo so many times I think I have worn out my welcome.  I can't take long road trips like I used to.  These days I am into side line photography for our local USAFL teams.  I have to save my coin to fly to Austin in October to shoot the finals.  I would love to be there.  A lot of good folks show up.  I have met some of my best friends in K-zoo. 

One year Big Bob and I were just north of Ft. Wayne on I-69.  I-69 was a laugh but later we passed a lot of signs advertising, "Dick's Package Store."  That just felt plain old vulgar.