Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Stoptails

DLDTEX

Greetings HOC

Here is a question to the Heritage faithful.  As stated before I used to own a 555 that I purchased from Wolfe Guitar.  The wood and construction was great as you would expect from a post G*** Kalamazoo guitar.  I bought the guitar 10-12 years ago.  I was never a fan of the Schaller stop tail.  Some people may like them and that is cool.  Is there a replacement for the Schaller stop tail that doesn’t require a lot of work?  I haven’t done a lot of research on the forum so this may have been answered before.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.  I have seen some great opportunities on used Heritage guitars but I was turn off because of my memories of the 555.

Any of the standard stop tails will drop in without modificattion: Gototh, Schaller (yes they make norrmal stop tails), Faber, TonePros, etc.  I replaced the stock Schaller bridge/taile piece on a previous 535 I owned with TonePros and it just dropped right in.  BTW, the 535 you bought from me has factory TonePros hardware, so you wont need to change that!  :wink:

:thumbsup: to that. Got locking TonePros on the Millie NFH. Love it.

same here, locking post and 'al-lu-minium' tail. Lovely.

That's because you don't know any better...  :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!  ;D

you are right though....i'm the kind of person that likes to keep things "factory original" .....except for pups.  and its not like i'm doing gigs every weekend either.

yeah, I'm with you on the 'factory original' bit to the extent that I keep all the original stuff in a box on the shelf :wink: I dont mind the Schaller stuff, just seems unnecessarily complicated- not really sure what the non-microtuning tails have those little extra pieces for.

I was actually thinking of trying to carve my own from a piece of really hard wood, at one point .

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted a question on a different thread about Stop Tails. I have a 1994 Roy Clark and I want to put a "Gibson, Fine Tuning Tail" on it or a "Tonepro" but it looks like the Original one on my Roy Clark has the Inserts closer together than that of a Les Paul or Gibson 335 etc. Is that possible?

I find that hard to believe.

Since the guy that answers the phone at Heritage designed that fine tune tailpiece AND was there when your Roy went out the door. I would ask him... BTW I spoke with Ren today. He asked how many on the HOC plus was not aware of the gallery pages.

Archived