Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

Why Heritage gtrs are giving Gibson a run for their money?


bolero

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had to laugh when I saw this youtube video title: I'm sure most here are aware Heritage makes killer guitars, and have done for years 😝

 

They compare a 2025 custom core model to a recent R8 plaintop. It makes sense he bought both, as he needs specimens to R&D pickups

I haven't watched this whole thing yet, it's over an hour long. The gtr part starts around 15min in:

 

hopefully the video link works

Posted

He gives props to the pickup winding dept at Heritage, which is good. Throbak certainly know how to design & build pickups

It was impressive to see during the Heritage factory tour too. I am glad they are making their own pickups now.

Interesting comment about the plain enamel wire they use: maybe Heritage could publicize the specs on the 225 pickups more, so people are aware? Details like that are a big deal to some.

 

 

Posted

I thought Heritage has been giving Gibson a run for its money ever since the first few I saw in the mid 1980's!!!

I have a great Gibson Les Paul, 60th anniversary 1960 Ver 2 custom reissue. It is just killer. 

But my H535 is the best ES style I've ever owned and among the best I've ever played. Side by side with the Collings I35, I'd take the 535 for half the price (or less actually). That Collins weren't no slouch either. 

Posted
1 hour ago, nuke said:

I thought Heritage has been giving Gibson a run for its money ever since the first few I saw in the mid 1980's!!!

Exactly, haha

But in our modern era of social media & human behaviour "evolution" you need to grab people's attention.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...