Heritage Owners Club

I have a question about the Peter Green style neck pickup?

shook494

Does turning the neck pickup upside down like Green did put it out of phase or do you have to do something else to it? I always wondered if that was it?  Did he change the magnets?  I think I remember reading that he turned it upside down for aesthetic reasons to make the screws match up with the bridge pickup. Any comments on tone difference would be appreciated.

Excuse me, no has consulted the "Peter Green 150 Fan Club President" first!!! :P ;D

"Greeny" and I forgive you.

If you have any questions, fire away.

th_Greeny5.jpg

Would you please give me that guitar in the picture, in your post?

You have my heart, my soul, all that is precious, but No you can't have "Greeny".  :P

I will help enable you to design & order a Mike Bloomfield 150!!! >:D ;D

You have my heart, my soul, all that is precious, but No you can't have "Greeny".  :P

I will help enable you to design & order a Mike Bloomfield 150!!! >:D ;D

It is missing the trim on the neck and it has a needle in the control cavity.  :undecided:

When is PSPII?  For that matter, when does Bell's start making Oberon again (a sure sign of summer)?      8)

And who's this Mike Bloomfield you're talking about?...

...  just kidding,  just kidding... uh-oh... really, just kidding! 

Here's a link to an illustration on how to do it:

http://www.stewmac.com/tradesecrets/ts0069...&clk=195805

If your PUs are uncovered it's really easy to do the magnet flip. Having covers on, off & on again is requires more work.

I've done this mod, as well as trying different magnets a whole bunch of times.

@ some point I want to have my neck PU converted to 2-conductor so I can use a push-pull tone pot so I can have both the out-of-phase tone in the middle as well as the regular one.

If your PUs are uncovered it's really easy to do the magnet flip. Having covers on, off & on again is requires more work.

@ some point I want to have my neck PU converted to 2-conductor so I can use a push-pull tone pot so I can have both the out-of-phase tone in the middle as well as the regular one.

Thanks...filed for future use.

Very cool!  Thanks Rude!!

Archived