Heritage Owners Club

Opinions on HRWs with D-Vip switching

michaeljames

Hello!  What do you folks think about the HRW pickups with the D-Vip switching?

I have the pickups and wiring harness sitting around.  I'm thinking of dropping them into a H150.

It'd require some drilling of course.  Or, I could just replace the Schallers with the HRWs and 'junk' the D-Vip harness (or give away here).  Chime in please!  ???

the D-VIP is a very cool feature....being able to switch each pup out of phaze and split the coil on 1 switch is sweet.  i think it would be neat to have the neck split and have the bridge out of phaze....would be a cool sound :afro:

it would have to be the 'white' H150 as the HRWs are gold plated...so, knowing the 'white' ones are rare-what do you think of drilling & adding the HRWs w/the D-VIP?

i guess i shouldn't worry much about 'resale' as my goal is to sell off my g*word Les Pauls and build an arsenal of guitars 'for me'!

so. opinions?  :rolleyes:

width=600 height=450http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj133/iggyziggy/h140h150002.jpg[/img]

BrentRocks - would that 'phase' thing you were talking about be similar to the 'Peter Green' Les Paul set-up/sound?

Can we communicate by email (offline) or phone on this?

BrentRocks - would that 'phase' thing you were talking about be similar to the 'Peter Green' Les Paul set-up/sound?

Can we communicate by email (offline) or phone on this?

i'm not really sure, i just know that it is a "twangy sound" i'm not very good w/ electronic stuff...LOL  i'm sure there are some guys here that will know beter :)

it would have to be the 'white' H150 as the HRWs are gold plated...so, knowing the 'white' ones are rare-what do you think of drilling & adding the HRWs w/the D-VIP?

so. opinions?  :rolleyes:

width=600 height=450http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj133/iggyziggy/h140h150002.jpg[/img]

In my opinion ... please don't. That is an awesome guitar as is.

OK guys - no drilling on the H150.  I'll just swap the HRWs for the Schallers.  I'ver had guitars with push/pull tap/phase/etc...too complicated and rarely used the option(s)!  What was I thinking?  Thanks for bringing me to my senses!  Hee-Hee!  :smileinbox:

OK guys - no drilling on the H150.  I'll just swap the HRWs for the Schallers.  I'ver had guitars with push/pull tap/phase/etc...too complicated and rarely used the option(s)!  What was I thinking?  Thanks for bringing me to my senses!  Hee-Hee! :smileinbox:

:icon_thumleft:

BTW, if you ever decide to sell the white one, I think we have a built in buyer in the HoC. Check out Sqwaken's White Whale threads.

OK guys - no drilling on the H150.

If I were you I'd do whatever I felt like to my guitar.  You say it's for the long haul

and besides someone down the road may be very happy with the extra features.

Heritage sells guitars with the option from the factory, so what would be the difference

between that and doing it yourself ?  If you're not totally at ease doing it yourself have

it done by someone who is.

Nice looking guitars, MJ - really nice.  What's the 3-pickup one?  Love the burst w/the heritage pickguard, too.

Heritage would probably retrofit the white one to VIP if you wanted.  Might give Ren a call and ask about it.

The 3 pup is a 1991 H140 - all stock/original

I actually talked to Ren about modding the White H150.  He didn't like the idea of the D-VIP on the H150 (designed more for semi-hollows), and suggested a swap of the HRWs only.  He offered to do the job at a very reasonable cost.  I'll have to get on it! 

Archived