Heritage Owners Club

How does one commission a new Heritage?

pushover

This seems like an obvious question, but I'm curious and am gonna ask anyway  ;D  If someone wants to order a custom Heritage, what is the process? Do you just talk to a dealer? Do you talk to Heritage directly? Does it help to sacrifice a live chicken?

I called/ emailed Jay Wolfe, told him waht I wanted exactly, and he got it going. took about 3-4 months. this was a lefty 158, with duncans, righty bigsby, no special inlays or bindings.

I called/ emailed Jay Wolfe, told him waht I wanted exactly, and he got it going. took about 3-4 months. this was a lefty 158, with duncans, righty bigsby, no special inlays or bindings.

It only took 3-4 months?  I custom ordered two different Heritages through Jay and each one took over a year!  Admittedly there were problems with both that delayed the completion, but unless things have sped up lately 3-4 months is optimistic.

yeah, iwas ready for a long wait . I dont know why it took so short a time. I was expecting a yr.

Jay and I ordered three H150 instruments in early 2005 and we are still waiting for them to be delivered.

I'd be doing some follow-up calls...and then tell them you want a BIG discount for waiting so long!

Here's a hint:

Make sure your dealer lets the factory know that you're a HOC member in good standing!

+1 on that!!! 30 days from the time the order was placed until the dealer received the Millie NFH. 2 more days to my door. 4th week in I called Ren just to see if I could get pics of the build and he told me they'd shipped it already. Which means it took less than 30 days to build. Maybe mine is the exception; don't know until I order the Prospect. But I was shocked, to say the least. Uh ... and quite happy, too.

+1 on that!!! 30 days from the time the order was placed until the dealer received the Millie NFH. 2 more days to my door. 4th week in I called Ren just to see if I could get pics of the build and he told me they'd shipped it already. Which means it took less than 30 days to build. Maybe mine is the exception; don't know until I order the Prospect. But I was shocked, to say the least. Uh ... and quite happy, too.

Maybe it's because you prepaid your HOC dues, Kenny! ;D

Jay and I ordered three H150 instruments in early 2005 and we are still waiting for them to be delivered.

Something is seriously wrong here. I've been a Heritage dealer for 16 months now. My 16th guitar (the second lefty 23rd Anniversary) arrived here Friday. If I ordered 50 in the last 16 months, I think they would all be here now. I've never waited waited more than 12 weeks. Heritage IS building guitars. There is something going on that has nothing to do with normal ordering procedure.

Maybe you need to get a hold of Guido (Lane Zastrow) to do some arm twisting. He's the man who can get things done.

Oh, and good luck with Heritage answering their emails. Phone calls straight to the factory seem to work better.

Better yet, maybe Brent can go there in person and see what's going on.

Just a thought...

Phone calls straight to the factory seem to work better.

If you intend to talk to Ren, call early, 8:00-ish their time.  I did a custom order through Jay, well Graham, actually.  Fourteen months for me.  I went in figuring a year, which is what Graham had said.  Plus, they apparently don't do too many Supers in any given year.  And there was the impending shutdown crisis, while mine was on order.  Very stressful.  My instrument is magnificent!  The guitar is really nice, too.

Better yet, maybe Brent can go there in person and see what's going on.

If we're going to start using Brent as an investigator maybe we should start

paying him.  Then he can buy himself a rumpled coat and hat.

detective.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys.  We followed through with no satisfaction for our efforts.  The weird thing about this whole scenario is that Heritage was given special materials for these instruments.  They confirmed receipt of those materials and the order had to be sent  three times because they kept losing it.    Imagine that.  Every time a call was made we were told the guitars were in production.  There is a serious disconnect up there.

If we're going to start using Brent as an investigator maybe we should start

paying him.  Then he can buy himself a rumpled coat and hat.

detective.gif

i'm not getting in the middle of that situation...sounds like some mis-communication on one party or the other ???

3 or 4 months for my Millie158 is obviously an anomaly. What probably happened is I caught them at a good moment . the fact that it was a new model probably didn't hurt. they may have had a rack of unfinished bodies ready to go.

Archived