Heritage Owners Club

How long for a custom part 2 and did I get Vjonathan's brazilian blanks

Spectrum13

[/img]

As a follow up post... I ordered my custom in December and it left Kzoo on March 12th... 

Some of the special options were... complete RS control kit with switchcraft toggle and jacks. Faber stoptail and their SS conversion posts and tonepros bridge. The conversion posts screw into the top as opposed to the the Nashville anchors and zinc screws.

As to color, I wanted sunset burst without the red so it would look like and 58-64 gibbons sunburst but it came out between that and OSB. Since it look great, no problems I could not decide between blond, OSB and sunsetburst any way.

The wood on the finger board looks Brazilian so it might be from Vjonathan's private stock. Sorry VJ, it ain't going back.

fingerboard.JPG

fingerboard.JPG_thumb

Spectrum, can you post a picture of the lower end of the  fret board.  Position 1 - 5 perhaps?  If they are  from my private stock,  enjoy!  I'll collect from Heritage.  However,  Vince Margol assured me the boards were locked up in his office.

VJ,

She went back to Kzoo since they forgot the pickguard and that's the only photo of the finger board I have. Really pretty wood but it does not look like the other rosewood board's on my 150 and 137. Just kidding about it being from your private stock... ;D Does it look Brazillian to you?

Like the finish?[/img]

#2 back.JPG

#2 back.JPG_thumb

Yeah, that is nice instrument indeed.  I particularly like curly maple on the backside of the instrument.  The fret-board appears to be lighter in tone in the photo. Is that correct?  My braz fret boards are darker with deep swirls.  When my three 150s are complete (?) I will be sure to post!

That really is a nice piece of Rosewood on your fretboard!

Heritage comes up with some good wood most of the time, and great wood some of the time.

Looks like you got the latter.

The board on my H150 Ultra is very similar to that in the photo.  I even thought it was Braz., but most likely just a nicely figured slab of RWood.

Keep us posted.

Click on the 535 with p90s below my post and you will see similarities with my fretboard and yours.

Yes Heritage uses some Great Indian Rosewood!

Archived