Heritage Owners Club

Hello guys - introducing myself and my 535

monobasic

Hello all and glad to be part of this forum!  :D

Found it through http://www.playjazzguitar.com/forum wich is very cool too...

I played guitar for around 5 years in total (with pauses) and now I really want to learn to play "Jazz"..

I get lessons every week and practice every day.. apart from that I finally learn music theory - wich I was allways to lazy in the past.. 

Good progress so far.. think when I am around 80 years old - I am ready for some proper Jazz Jam Sessions  :P

Got my first Heritage 3 Months ago, ordered from Jay Wolfe...

H-335 in "awesome looking hand stained" darker almond-burst, how they advertised, and they where right! But checkout the attached pic...

After a proper setup and changing the nut to a proper bone one it plays now extremely well...

Still unsure about the pickups/sound though.. (Schaller Golden 50s at the moment) I just can't get this "classic" 335 jazz sound that I hear on Records from Artists like Adam Rogers, Larry Carlton or Lee Ritenour.. but I responded in another thread about this "problem"...

Anyway just wanted to say hello and show my "baby"..

Greetings from Switzerland!

535.jpg

535.jpg_thumb

As an owner of 2 555s - 1st with a maple neck/ebony board, 2nd with mahogany neck/ rosewood board and thus just a souped up 535, I would definitely recommend a pickup change to get the vintage tone you are after.

#1 555 I had upgraded to HRWs and I can't tell you how great they are for a warmer yet clear jazzy sound.

#2 Custom 555 has '59 Seth Lovers that are the real PAF sound. Less output than the HRWs and a little brighter but definitely not in a harsh way.

Unfortunately you have to send your guitar back to Heritage to get the HRWs installed (they won't just sell you the pickups). I'm lucky I can drive to the factory 4.5 hrs away one way.

Hope that helps :)

Monobasic~ Glad you found this cool place.  And thanks for the link.  Your H535 is one classy looking gitfiddle!  There are many aftermarket pickups, pots and caps available to bring out the most in your new instrument.  Good hunting and post often.

Cheers for the kind words an suggestions so far guys! :)

Kuz: If you tell this, I will defenitely swap the pickups soon... before and after I will record some samples, so we will have a comparsion how the guitar sounds... Question is now, which pickups to go for... don't you have any recordings of your two 555's?? Would be awesome... I am very interested in the clean sound.

HRW I need to check with Jay Wolfe if they could make a exception.. when I ordered I told him I want the HRW's and his suggestion was to checkout the Schallers first, because it seems thath most of his customers prefer the Schallers over the HRWs..

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL FROM SNOWY ZURICH!!!

Cheers for the kind words an suggestions so far guys! :)

Kuz: If you tell this, I will defenitely swap the pickups soon... before and after I will record some samples, so we will have a comparsion how the guitar sounds... Question is now, which pickups to go for... don't you have any recordings of your two 555's?? Would be awesome... I am very interested in the clean sound.

HRW I need to check with Jay Wolfe if they could make a exception.. when I ordered I told him I want the HRW's and his suggestion was to checkout the Schallers first, because it seems thath most of his customers prefer the Schallers over the HRWs..

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL FROM SNOWY ZURICH!!!

I don't thinks anyone would say they prefer Schallers over HRW. If you search on this site you will find the exact opposite. The reason why they lead you away from HRWs are because of the $200 upcharge and because Heritage is out of HRWs right now. I know this because I ordered my Cust 555 with HRWs and they said it would be another 6 weeks befores they got them in (and that was just 2 weeks ago). Sorry I don't have any recordings of my Heritage 555s.

Again I don't really know what kind of music you play, amp, pedals, ect. I would recommed  either '59 Seth Lovers or HRWs. By the way the ONLY way to get HRWs is to send it back to the factory.

I love both pickups, the '59 Seth Lovers & HRW. If I had to make a choice of only one, I'd get the HRWs.

Archived