Heritage Owners Club

Hmmmm... what's the widest neck you can get on an H-150/157?

PacerX

Hmmm, don't know if that has come up before. I know we can get thicker/thinner. Not sure about fretboard width and radius. I'd bet a quick call to Ren would answer that one.

I ordered a 1 3/4" shallow "D" neck on my Super Eagle.  I have the same neck  on my 150.  I have pretty long fingers, and I find that neck is really comfortable to me.  Don't know what the radius is, although I should....  Have a G&L Legacy with virtually the same neck.  I talked with the neck and fretboard guy at Heritage at PSPI.  He told some great stories about Marv teaching him how to shape necks...how he could do just about any carve perfectly, in his sleep.

Yoslate it's good to know that the boys will accommodate those whose tactile spread is above average.  This "custom" ax idea just keeps getting better!

GOOD info +1 - thanks!

Yoslate it's good to know that the boys will accommodate those whose tactile spread is above average.  This "custom" ax idea just keeps getting better!

GOOD info +1 - thanks!

I doubt if there is anyone here who has loved Heritage more or longer than I.....but ----  They seem to get their dicks caught in their bike chains with custom orders.  Better to find it on a hanger somewhere. 

I doubt if there is anyone here who has loved Heritage more or longer than I.....but ----  They seem to get their dicks caught in their bike chains with custom orders.  Better to find it on a hanger somewhere. 

Sir HFB,  You do have a magical way with words!  ;D

I shall heed your sage warning, tempered by my ability to ignore GAS.

12" wouldn't be flat enough.

Maybe I could just ship 'em the neck off my Godin and say "make this".  That one would do fine...

20" radius, 1-7/8" wide.

What?!  Do you have, like, monkey fingers???  (There it is, Dick!  Now this thread is poisoned!) 

What?!  Do you have, like, monkey fingers???  (There it is, Dick!  Now this thread is poisoned!) 

Slate...............

I totally disagree. If you have a dealer that will keep lines of communication up (or if you call & e-mail the specs) they will make it perfect.

1. Cust 555 = 555 inlays on a basically a 535 body, except with upgraded wood package. I also ordered the 50s neck with a wider 1 3/4" neck, no pickguard. They nailed it and it is perfect.

2. GT 150 = ordered it with the 50s neck carve (including the exact measurements to match the 150 GT p-90 neck) plus I added a 9lb weight limit.

THey nailed it and it is perfect.

3. 150 VSB (Greeny) = 50s neck carve, upgraded wood, I wanted it a little heavier 9.5lbs, special tuners, and hardware. Again, nailed it perfect.

4. 535 p-90 = 50s neck carve and the only production guitar besides the "23" 535 to have Marv's vintage wine burst color. Again, perfect.

I am not here to say they don't screw up. They did on one of mine, and then rebuilt it perfect. I believe if they have the proper specs in front of them, they give more attention to custom orders. My Custom order Heritages are I think my finest Heritage guitars and I got them my way!!

I totally disagree.

Ah, but they did screw up one of your orders... to a point of having to build a totally new guitar.  And it was, if I am not mistaken, Jay Wolfe who was ramrodding the order.  He was the dealer who was in charge of Slate's Super too.  Maybe it is Wolfe who is responsible for these fuck ups not Heritage.  In that case I stand corrected. 

OUCH!!!  They better get on the ball or they'll all end up like that Bobbitt guy.

OUCH!!!  They better get on the ball or they'll all end up like that Bobbitt guy.

Yes, it seems that Bobbit was building a custom guitar for his wife when that happened - believe it or not!  :)

Yes, it seems that Bobbit was building a custom guitar for his wife when that happened - believe it or not!  :)

Yeah, but it was a strat kit.  Totally different situation..........

Archived