Heritage Owners Club

Installing HRWs with/without D-Vip into which (of 2) guitars? Opinions?

michaeljames

I have a set of HRWs and the D-Vip wiring harness/switches lying around.  *gold*

I have the 'White Whale' H150 that didn't sell recently (original issue Schallers).  *gold*

I have the 'Green' H535 I just grabbed with SD 59s in it.  *gold*

Was planning on having the HRWs w/D-Vip installed, by Heritage, in the H535.

Originally planned on having the pickups (no D-Vip) installed in the 'White Whale'.  Before I got the H535.

What would you do in this situation?  Lots of options.  And, general opinions on the D-Vip system?

Replys appreciated and will be considered!

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Ren (the inventor of HRW's and the DVIP System) tell another HOC member that the DVIP set up is best for semi-hollows?

If it were mine, I'd let him fish it into the 535. 8)

i would also do the 535...i think it would sound great in a semi-hollow Heritage

Yep - Ren once told me the HRWs were really designed for the hollow/semi-hollow bodies.  I just got word that the 'repair' pricing at Heritage has increased substantially, and they won't do D-Vip installs...so, I'm going to hold off on the HRWs for the time being.

Ultimately might swap the SD59s into the H150, and the HRWs into  the H535 sans D-Vip.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Strike that.  I shouldn't have said Heritage has 'substantially' increased their prices.  :'( I was comparing Apples (H150) and Oranges (H535).  Forgot the H535 requires much more labor time as there isn't a backplate for the electronics, etc...I remember when I had pickups swapped in a 335 and the luthier (Gibson qualified repair shop) said it was really a hassle.

Archived