Heritage Owners Club

Input on the H-525

VJonathan

Great instrument!  Very comfortable and easy to play.  The P90s (Jason Lollar) are fantastic, they can go from a nice smoth jazz type tone, bluesy, and raw rock tone.  It is a great instrument!  Whch one are you looking at?  Mine is vintage sunburst, one of the first 3 that Jay Wolfe had in.  Good luck, you will love it.

Thanks H525.  I think it's a fine instrument too.  Since it's not a regular production item for Heritage I wanted to hear a little feedback from those few who own one.  Did you have any setup issues when you purchased it....  frets, bridge, tailpiece, intonation, etc?  Does it stay in tune?

I had no set up issues when I purchased it, it was perfect. 

H525:

You purchased that stick from Jay, didn't you?  So I'm assuming Jay's shop does the setup when they get the guitar from Kalamazoo.  I have wood on order; was just wondering.  Thanks!  Oh, I've seen the pics you've posted; those are great looking guitars, remind me of the '62 Guild 125-T I used to have, an eminently playable box!

Posted this info before, but I'll talk about it anytime; thanks for asking....  almondburst Super Eagle, 1 3/4" nut-width board, P-90's.  I'm kinda a blues-jazz-funk player, big fan of Scotty Moore, Jimmy Nowlin (ex James Brown), and Kenny Burrell...among others.  Box was ordered last May, so I've been enduring the shifting sands in Kalamazoo, wondering what was up.  Been in touch with Jay and Graham, but I figure annoying people on the phone isn't gonna build my guitar any faster.  There have been some postings here lately about guitars coming out of Parsons street, this long for solid bodies, that long for semi-, something else for things like mine.  I'm just actually enjoying the anticipation.  I have a 576 and a custom spec'd 150; they keep me pretty happy!    ;D

That H525 nails the early Grant Green and T. Bone tone......P90's on an maple cap archtop...whoa!    I am very happy with it. 

Yosalte:  the squeeky wheel gets the oil.  It will be going on 3 years this spring I orderd three  H150s.  I am told to expect  them by May/June.

Yosalte:   "...the squeeky wheel gets the oil.  It will be going on 3 years this spring I orderd three  H150s.  I am told to expect  them by May/June."

Three years for three H150's?!  :o

Dude, what did you order?  Brazillian Rosewood Necks with Rhinestone Fret Markers?!

Well, almost except for the Rhinestone Fret Markers.  I was able to acquire some wonderful looking Brazilian Rosewood and decided to build three 150's. The specs for these guitars are very specific:  one piece natural bodies under 9 lbs, carved necks to the specs of a '54-LP Goldtop, Northern Michigan Maple caps in Honey Burst finish, full body binding including MOP inlay on the headstock, Lollar Imperials and aged hardware.  This order should have been completed in late 06'.  Given the slow production schedule that started to brew early last year and the reorganization this past fall, custom orders fell by the wayside.  However, I am assured I will have them delivered this year.

Archived