Heritage Owners Club

Al Caiola & Heritage

jaywolfe

Al Caiola is among the most recorded Guitarists in history- with many instrumental LP's, played on too many sessions to list, including Sarah Vaughn (w/ Coltrane- late 40's), Babs, Buddy Holly, Frankie Avalon, Tony Bennett, Elvis Da Beatles & almost everyone else. Al was a US Marine & participated in the D-Day invasion. He's now 87 & still playing GREAT, doing show dates with Steve Lawrence & a few other gigs. Currently a Heritage Artist, Al has endorsed Gretsch & Epiphone in the 50's & 60's, with Gibson making Caiola model Epi in the 60's.

15 years back his Epi Sheraton vintage '67 was stolen while in Steve & Edye's cartage container. Al asked me to help him select a suitable replacement & he settled on a Blonde H555 that he now tells me he favors over his trusty black H516 that's been played to death over the past 10+ years. Al's on Youtube playing the H516- which is the forerunner to the Groove Master model.

I've asked Al to visit & play a few Heritage archtops for our little YouTube videos & he says he'd love to- so stay tuned for that. He's a terrific guy, a good friend & loves his Heritages. I have a Caiola model Epi in my collection & had Al sign it & pose for pics. he played his biggest instrumental hit on it for us, the Bonanza Theme. Stay tuned for his videos in a few weeks.

Jay Wolfe

Al Caiola is among the most recorded Guitarists in history- he played his biggest instrumental hit on it for us, the Bonanza Theme. Jay Wolfe

What a great post! Iconic guitar tune! Soaked that tune, that tone up every Sunday night after dinner at my grandparents. "Bonanza" was great, between the tune, the map burning up, and the possibility of seeing a Corvette in an ad (Chevrolet was a sponsor), one of my favorite nights of the week...even though I had to go to school, never having done my homework, the next morning.... Thanks, Jay....

Dang! The theme from Bonanza was one of the songs that had to be played...back in the day!!

Can't wait to see the YouTube videos.

Jay, how about a link on your website showing off some of your collection?

Archived