Heritage Owners Club

my Heritage H-150 has "Hameritis"

proxmax

Nine Heritages.... NEVER.

Sorry to hear that. Anything different you use to clean your strings, fretboard, or guitar?

what is "Hamer-itus"?

never heard of it before...does the finish fog up along the glue joint or something?

It is where the finish or lacquer flakes off at the site of edge of the fretboard/neck. In other words if you have a bound neck meeting at the fret board, it occurs there. Usually this occurs on some Hamer guitars that don't have a bound neck/fretboard.

I have never seen this on any Heritage.

My H-140 is almost 25 years old, and it has none of the above described problems..Has a couple of blemishes from where it sat on the wrong type hanger that reacts to nitrocellulose..But no other problems..My 2 cents..Hope you can get your 150 fixed..

I see what it is...It doesn't affect the guitar structurally, does it?

I don't think that's a reaction between the nitrocellulose lacquer and the glue. Hameritis, as I understand it, is a reaction between the catalyzed lacquer (using a urethane binder) finish and the glue they were using, which caused the finish to lift and bubble in spots (I've seen it mostly in the neck pocket joint, the nut area and around marker inlays on the side of the neck).

What I see in your picture is cracked and lifting nitro due to differences in structural movement between the neck and the body. It could also be caused by truss rod misadjustment resulting in additional stress on the neck. Or, it is sometimes caused by players grabbing the headstock and pulling forward in order to detune notes (bend them down).

Although, I could be totally wrong.

hi guys,

first, it doesn't effect anything - just optic.

at hamers that prob is known, without phisical violence.

if you look really near you can see it at the back too.

the guitar is in nearly mint condition - definately not beat up.

i have seen one really expensive tacoma acoustic, that had the problem

partial the laquer was comin' up - looked like drawing air.

i guess that any fat - from the hands - made it working.

i don't see it as an issue, it's only optical.

if i get troubled with that i'll remove it partial - not a big deal.

i just was astonished that it happens to heritage.

my thinking is that they didn't clean it , before doing the paintjob.

it is a beautiful guitar - sorry for that bad pic.

-klaus

post-1123-1245688416_thumb.jpg

What I see in your picture is cracked and lifting nitro due to differences in structural movement

between the neck and the body. It could also be caused by truss rod misadjustment resulting in

additional stress on the neck. Or, it is sometimes caused by players grabbing the headstock and

pulling forward in order to detune notes (bend them down).

I'm with Dick, it looks like there's a fine crack there between the two parts. Makes me think the

neck was flexed repeatedly with respect to the body. I'd be interested in what the rest of the

joint looks like under the pickup.

I'm with Dick, it looks like there's a fine crack there between the two parts. Makes me think the

neck was flexed repeatedly with respect to the body. I'd be interested in what the rest of the

Eeeesshh..how can someone abuse such a beautiful and unique guitar..If I owned a guitar like that, I would baby it..Probably wouldn't ever leave the house..Makes me feel seasick..

That is not what I have I always been told Hamer-itis is. I have seen posted pics that occurs where the fretboard meets the binding along the neck at the end of the frets.

That is not what I have I always been told Hamer-itis is. I have seen posted pics that occurs where the fretboard meets the binding along the neck at the end of the frets.

it is - no bending, just lacking paintjob or sanding.

i learned not to touch the guitar after eating chicken, planing a paintjob - oh my god!!!

of course it is a lil beauty and i know i should spend more time with it :D :D

but i have some [sorry to say] much better guitars begging for fingers - hamers!

don't take me wrong: heritage make great guitars, but this one gave me much more respect to my others.

still love it, but different.

if you want, read the thread about hamer/heritage comparision.......

i like that git, maybe need more time.

there is absolutely no crack, i looked at it in magnification.

even at the body back the laquer turns milky without any damage.

it is simply a low quality paintjob!

the front is perfect painted.

there is absolutely no crack, i looked at it in magnification.

even at the body back the laquer turns milky without any damage.

it is simply a low quality paintjob!

the front is perfect painted.

That's good to hear. So what looks like a crack is just the space

between the finish and the wood where the finish has broken away.

I still don't see what would cause the finish to lift away from the

joint like that unless the neck was flexed or the body went through

some sort of humidity or heat extreme.

Archived