Heritage Owners Club

Holy Crap!!!

brentrocks

Me, Brent, and I'm not you, I'd punch rewind and do another take, and not look back!  So how many terrific Heritages are floating around?  I wouldn't philosophize about it.  Negotiate sending that one back, get your do-re-mi, and look for something else.  And this post is worth every penny you paid for it, by the way!

Me, Brent, and I'm not you, I'd punch rewind and do another take, and not look back!  So how many terrific Heritages are floating around?  I wouldn't philosophize about it.  Negotiate sending that one back, get your do-re-mi, and look for something else.  And this post is worth every penny you paid for it, by the way!

ditto!!!

i talked to my guitar repair guy toady

So... If your guitar repair guy is called Toady, has he a friend called Ratty and is there Wind in the Willows?  ;D (You may need to be English to fully appreciate my unnecessary quip).

On a more serious note.... I don't think you'll ever be happy with the guitar if it's been repaired. So unless you can get it so cheap that you know you can sell it at a profit, then I'd suggest you get your money back.

On a less serious note... I've been meaning to ask... Regards your picture of the Heritage factory... There used to be a big Chimney out the back of the Kalamazoo plant with the words G####N painted on it on huge white letters. Just wondered if it was still there  :-[

So... If your guitar repair guy is called Toady, has he a friend called Ratty and is there Wind in the Willows?  ;D (You may need to be English to fully appreciate my unnecessary quip).

On a more serious note.... I don't think you'll ever be happy with the guitar if it's been repaired. So unless you can get it so cheap that you know you can sell it at a profit, then I'd suggest you get your money back.

On a less serious note... I've been meaning to ask... Regards your picture of the Heritage factory... There used to be a big Chimney out the back of the Kalamazoo plant with the words G####N painted on it on huge white letters. Just wondered if it was still there  :-[

OOPS..his name is Pete! :-[  i cant type!!!

Well, you see this is the dilemma, i may be able to get it super cheap, and if the repair works, i have a really cheap, vintage Heritage rocker.  normally, i would not dream of buying a broken guitar, but it is a first yr production Heritage (B code), and it has a killer neck (minus the crack)  Pete seemed very optimistic...i trust him...i guess it depends on how ridiculously cheap i can get it....because Heritage told me a new neck was $600...so i would want to only have about $400-$450 into the 170 in case of the worst.

AND yes the old brick smoke stack is still there!!! ;D

Me, Brent, and I'm not you, I'd punch rewind and do another take, and not look back!  So how many terrific Heritages are floating around?  I wouldn't philosophize about it.  Negotiate sending that one back, get your do-re-mi, and look for something else.  And this post is worth every penny you paid for it, by the way!

i hear ya man...i was really dissapointed to see the crack....it just seems like a waste of a great vintage piece

If was me, I would return it and get a refund.

However, if that guitar really "talks" to you, then have a new neck put on it.

But, I have also heard stories where a neck was repaired, and it sounded better than an unbroken neck.

Here's the only smokestack picture that I have:

smokestack.jpg

It looks like the Heritage photo was carefully cropped right at the edge of the stack!

YUP, THAT'S THE ONE...I TOOK PICS TOO, JUST FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE ;D

Take the money and run!

I PROBABLY SHOULD....WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ANOTHER '85 170 COMMING UP FOR SALE?

IF I KEEP IT AND THE REPAIR DOESNT WORK, WILL EVERYBODY HERE TELL ME, "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"? :)

I hear you about the quest for an '85. They are like hen's teeth. If you feel that strongly about it and you can get the guy to "fund the project" so to speak go for it. I'd trust your luthier's opinion. You can always get the entire neck replaced and you'd have the vintage nut and correct tuners already. Has anyone ever seen a "A" model?

Archived