Heritage Owners Club

Couple "Classy" Stories

Kuz

2 Quick stories from three "Classy"Guys

1. Jay & Graham @ Wolfe guitars.

As most are aware by know I bought a 150 Gold top with Lollar p90s from Wolfe guitars. Both Jay & Graham were the epitome of professional salesmen. I probably spent an hour talking between these 2 fine men before the sale and an another hour after I paid for the guitar. We talked about pick ups, Vox amps, schaller vs nashville hardware, and some very candid remarks about what Heritage should be doing to get back on track. There wasn't the usual a** kissing of their main product line. I want to make clear that in no way were they bashing Heritage, far from it. Just some opinions on what the company could do to improve pace of production. Hopeful this great guitar will be in my hands by Tues at the latest.

I am very content with my guitar arsenal now, but after this experience I don't think this will be the last guitar I by from Wolfe guitars.

2. Ren Wall

I had some concerns over shipping my new guitar from Florida to the cold climate of Ohio so I thought I would call Heritage for an answer. Ren picked up and I reintroduced myself (I have met him 3 times and spoke to him many times via phone & internet). He eased my mind about the shipment and told me (what I already knew) to just let the case warm up to room temp, then just crack it, then wait 20 mins recrack, then open and wait 20 mins, then finally pick up guitar. He asked how many Heritages I had now and we talked for about 15mins about Heritage, Nitro finishes, Lollar p90s, Kalamazoo's economy, and my new job. You could just hear the dedication to guitar making & Heritage guitars in his voice. He still after 45 some years has the passion of guitar making and pride of producing Heritage guitars in his soul. You don't hear men talk about their business like this anymore, and he is not even a partner. Ren is a living legend of guitar building and if you are looking to buy a Heritage get one soon while the man the literally keeps the lights on is still making his guitars.

Sorry about the long post but I thought some of you that are passionate about Heritage may enjoy.

-Kuz

Kuz~ +1 on the 'dynamic duo' at Wolfe Guitars!  And yes, Graham is a real character.  I enjoyed every conversation with him.  Jay is the perfect gentleman-salesman-proprietor-Heritage cheerleader.  I've had several transactions with them, and all were great.

And your meeting synopsis about Ren...Man, what can I say...except...Karma up!!  ;)

Nice stories. I've talked to Jay twice. He seems nice on the phone.

My one experience with Ren was right after I got my H157. I sent Heritage a picture of it, asked if they knew what pickups would be in it. Got a reply from some guy named Ren (didn't know, didn't know!!) who politely responded, "No idea about the pickups. Pull one and find out. Sure is a pretty one. Enjoy." ..... nice!!  ;)

Archived