Heritage Owners Club

'99 H-140CM

Ben

I looked at the descriptions of the this model that I could find on the web, but I don't see any mention of one like this. The info I've seen indicates open coil pickups and cream rather than black trim. It was never sold at retail - it was a prize for a competition in Washington state in 1999 and I got it from the original owner.

Thanks in advance for any light you all can shed on this baby.

gallery_1415_155_6751.jpg

Lovely. Black binding is rare. I have the same guitar in black with cream bindings. Schaller stock pickups are the norm (2 adjustment screws per side). What you appear to have is a maple top 140 with stock pickups and an unusual custom color combo. Was the contest for wine, or perhaps red apples :huh:

No doubt a custom order. The red really sets the black binding off. Not a huge fan of painted guitars, but that one looks sweet. Is there a white dot on the switch selector? Looks like it in the pic, but guess it could be a reflection. If there is, those could be HRW pickups. Don't really recall what year Ren developed that pickup.

Sweet!! It's amazing the amount of unique Heritages we see..Just when you think you,ve seen about everything, something else pops up!! Nice Catch! I have a 140 and just love it! Rock On!!

The finish is transparent so I'm not sure if it is a stain or trans red paint. The top has some flame going on.

I'll get some better pics up when I get a chance in some decent light. Might not be til March given the weather here in western NY...

The finish is transparent so I'm not sure if it is a stain or trans red paint. The top has some flame going on.

I'll get some better pics up when I get a chance in some decent light. Might not be til March given the weather here in western NY...

Not to de-thread, but where in WNY? I grew up in Cheektowaga-parents still live there.

Not to de-thread, but where in WNY? I grew up in Cheektowaga-parents still live there.

Grew up in Dunkirk/Fredonia, but live up near Barker now along Lake Ontario. Work in Niagara Falls, play in Buffalo and the southtowns. lots of miles....

So, being from Cheektovegas I assume you know Wally at U-Crest - every musician in WNY has gotten a great deal from that guy....

Grew up in Dunkirk/Fredonia, but live up near Barker now along Lake Ontario. Work in Niagara Falls, play in Buffalo and the southtowns. lots of miles....

So, being from Cheektovegas I assume you know Wally at U-Crest - every musician in WNY has gotten a great deal from that guy....

Holy s--- yeah! I took lessons there when I first started almost 30 years ago!! I was just up in WNY a few weeks ago and I visited Airport Music and we were talking about how great a guy Wally is! He used to let me, even as a punk kid, take stuff home and try it out before buying. Grew up on the other side of Dick Road.

Archived