Heritage Owners Club

Big thank you to Jay Wolfe

ronalr

Just wanted to thank Jay and let everyone here know what a great Heritage dealer he is to work with.......I have been looking for a H 150 for a while and have and got tired of losing out on eBay...so I emailed Jay for some prices...he took the time to answer all my questions and give me some great prices....and then I asked him about any used guitars....He suggested a couple of H-157's ....and I ended up with a 1990 H-157 Black Beauty....hope to have it sometime next week and of course pictures and a sound review will follow....... Most here know about Jay but this is my first time to deal with him and it won't be the last......very knowledgeable, helpful and fair......thanks to Jay and the HOC !!! .....now where is that UPS truck ;)

I think that you chose well.

My H-157 is a '94 Tuxedo (Black Beauty) and I have been very pleased with it.

Something about them has a vintage magic that doesn't require flames or bright colors.

They are just a pleasure to play and they sing ....

with a finish like glass..

I wish we had a dealer like Jay over here in the uk just do deal with on any brand. I think he saw the market for Heritage as a niche market and set about becoming possibly the number one dealer in the world for these. If I can not find the guitar I want, when the £ becomes stronger I will more than likely look to him myself, his reputation for an honest guy go's before him. I would love to visit his store.

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures when your guitar comes, enjoy owning it.

Buying gear, swapping stories, or getting advice from Jay is just another part of the very friendly and high quality Heritage experience.

Tal

Thanks all...just heard from Jay and he had this to say about the guitar.....

"this one has pre-lawsuit truss rod cover & pickguard- which is kinda cool. Definitely

in collector's condition"

So I am really excited to get this home...will let you know when it is on it's way....the hunt and the waiting is half the fun B)

I will second that emotion; and let's not forget Graham Zebedee, the other guy there at Wolfe's. I bought my G&L S-500 from them a while back, and I've talked to them about an H-535 (haven't been able to take the plunge yet). Graham has been just great - knowledgeable, informative, helpful, friendly, and just an interesting guy to talk to; everything you could want from someone in a guitar shop. I don't think you can go wrong with Wolfe's.

John

I will second that emotion; and let's not forget Graham Zebedee, the other guy there at Wolfe's. I bought my G&L S-500 from them a while back, and I've talked to them about an H-535 (haven't been able to take the plunge yet). Graham has been just great - knowledgeable, informative, helpful, friendly, and just an interesting guy to talk to; everything you could want from someone in a guitar shop. I don't think you can go wrong with Wolfe's.

John

Very true. Graham helped me out when I bought my 535 a few years back. He could not have been more pleasant. Wolfe is a great dealer all around.

Hey, BIG Thanks Ron & others.

Graham & I are in the shop having a quiet moment between the action and I just read these wonderful compliments.

Needless to say we are smiling and feeling pretty good. We love what we do, we "love" Heritage, and we so much appreciate YOU awesome guys.

Just a smidge of back story- When I 1'st became a Heritage Dealer I had no doubt that I could sell them. My initial interest was strictly archtops, and that's all I stocked. Players kept asking for the solid body & semi-hollow models and I began to stock them because I had so many requests for them. The rest is History, and I have to say the future with Heritage looks quite good for Wolfe Guitars. We still get pretty excited when the Brown Oops truck pulls up & offloads those big cartons from Kalamazoo.

This week I took a cool photo of 4 Heritage Johnny Smith models that just happened to be in the shop. I'll now post it into the Gallery. Enjoy, and Thanks for your very kind words.

Jay Wolfe

Have you seen this site?

I can't vouch for the company in any way. I just know that they sell Heritage's in the UK. They may be rubbish to deal with, or they may be great.

I have come across them but only on the net. I believe they are expensive. But, at least they are getting some Heritage guitars into the UK market place. I believe Jay Wolfe to be above and beyond the call of duty though...

Agreed with those above about Jay Wolfe. I ordered an H535 25th anniversary model recently with Jay, and he couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant to work with. The guy knows and loves his Heritages, and his relationship with the builders makes him the go-to dealer for me.

Archived