Heritage Owners Club

Dealer Will (Re)Stock Heritage . . .

blueox

As with Elderly Instruments, I also noticed that Dave's Guitar Shop in Wisconsin is not restocking their Heritage guitars as they sell them. However, in this case, thankfully, it is a different story, as I received the following reply to my inquiry: "Thanks for your e-mail. We do still plan on stocking Heritage guitars, but we may not restock many items from them until we see a bit of a recovery in the economy." That is good news, in that they are not giving up on the brand. By the way, for any jazz fan and others, Dave's last new Heritage is an H-575 with Duncan Seth Lover pickups: H-575

Daves has gone hot and cold on Heritage's before. I bought my Millie DC and H150 from him. The millie was new, H150 used.

Dave needs to turn inventory. When something doesn't sell, he lowers the price till it does. I just picked up a nice little Korean PRS soapbar SE from him. Price drop of 100 bucks tripped my trigger.

Heritages don't move as fast.

Would've loved that H535 he had recently, new, natural, SD59s...

I still check his inventory because you never know what comes in..new or used.

I wonder how Dave's Guitar is on mailorder/Internet ordering? Since you reside in Wisconsin, I assume you can walk into the store for a hands-on experience.

I wonder how Dave's Guitar is on mailorder/Internet ordering? Since you reside in Wisconsin, I assume you can walk into the store for a hands-on experience.

They are excellent. 48hr no questions asked return policy, all you pay is shipping if it comes to that.

Just picked up a PRS LE Soapbar, Korean made guitar from Daves, came UPS. couldn't resist, and the price was right.

Here's a link to it: http://davesguitar.com/paul-reed-smith/se-...-maple-7125.asp

I've purchased several gits from him, in person and online. He is a reputable dealer and good to do biz with.

Dave Rogers is a guitar freak like the rest of us..

And yes, I can walk in, but it is a 2-hour drive for me.

They are excellent. 48hr no questions asked return policy, all you pay is shipping if it comes to that.

Just picked up a PRS LE Soapbar, Korean made guitar from Daves, came UPS. couldn't resist, and the price was right.

Here's a link to it: http://davesguitar.com/paul-reed-smith/se-...-maple-7125.asp

I've purchased several gits from him, in person and online. He is a reputable dealer and good to do biz with.

Dave Rogers is a guitar freak like the rest of us..

And yes, I can walk in, but it is a 2-hour drive for me.

+1 for Dave's.

All of my (many) transactions have been online...and problem free.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to find a dealer to surpass Dave Rogers. Super honest, super fair, reasonable prices. His store is a 3 hour drive for me (6 hours round trip) but I go there several times a year. One of the main attractions is his incredible personal museum of instruments which is on display near his office. The 575 in his store right now is very nice. It has the "transitional" tailpiece which Heritage has been fitting to many guitars of late. The customary "H-bail" item appears to have fallen by the wayside. Either way, Mr Rogers and his team are a very reliable team to deal with.

PS: Dave loves guitars, but he also runs a business. He has had difficulty moving Heritage instruments, and he - like all of us - can't understand why, given the inherent quality of the instruments. I feel confident that he will stock them again if he feels the demand has picked up a bit. In the meantime, a nice 575 awaits a fortunate customer...

At a guitar show in Illinois four or five years ago, Dave did a straight up trade with me: My '79 Martin HD-35 for his ES-175 Charlie Christian that was really a regular ES-175 that someone had put a CC pickup on(was a great guitar, but I no longer own it). I had put a jagged black double pickguard (similar to that on Larry Spark's '53 D-28) on it to cover some ugly crack repairs which were professionally done for functionality. Dave laughed when we found out what made our guitars a little odd, then the trade was made. He also let me try out a modern, stock Super 400 with a CC pickup though I told him I could never afford it($6,500). He had heard me trying out the 175 and said that the 400 needed a little exercise. Can you imagine any other dealer like this? I can only give him my highest mark!- Charles Bevell

Archived