Heritage Owners Club

Guitar Teecher Just Bought H576

wingnut1

I went to my guitar lesson tonight and my teacher was sitting there with a beautiful 1990 H576.  I looked in the 1989 catalog on the Heritage site and it looks exactly like the one in the catalog.  Beautiful guitar and it sounded great.

Man, when I was taking lesson my teacher used either a JV-series (I think that's right; the ones everyone raves about) Crafted in Japan Squier Strat with Lace pups that sounded like it was channeling the voice of angels, or a Squier telecaster that sounded more like a real 50s telecaster than the two real 50s telecasters that the store had out front.

What sort of lessons are you taking?  I was doing the whole blues-jazz, jazzy-blues, jazz, blues thing.  I was learning quite a bit for about a year, but then it devolved into a half-hour therapy session.  Granted, he was cheaper than a real psychiatrist, but I couldn't see spending that kind of coin just to spend 20 minutes talking about women, work and the world and 10 minutes jamming. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys:

I'm an H-576 owner, too and have been for many years. In fact, my Heritage is the electric that I've had the longest. It is a great guitar. Mine is Vintage Natural in color with the ususal amenities. I did replace the pickups with Seymour Duncan '59's soon after buying the guitar and that was a great decision. I really like these pickups as well as any I've ever played.

I'm new here. I'm a regular on the GbLDP and own only the one Heritage now. I have owned a couple of H-535's,an H-140 Goldtop, an H-170, and a rare H-127 (tele like) over the years. I've also toured the factory a few times and met the owers (I live in Michigan not far from the Kalamazoo factory location).

I'll try to post a pic of my H-576:width=600 height=450http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/Garstguy/H576-Full-2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for looking.

Emmitt O. (Newby Poster)

Hi!

Do you remember anything about that H 127? There's one for sale here in the Netherlands and I'm still negotiating with the seller. This particular 127 looks more like a strat with two humbuckers (I've seen one in an old Heritage catalogue with a tilted humbucker, but these are straight). These 127s are vary rare indeed, so it isn't even known what the body is made of. Do you know more?

Thanks,

Jacques

Man, when I was taking lesson my teacher used either a JV-series (I think that's right; the ones everyone raves about) Crafted in Japan Squier Strat with Lace pups that sounded like it was channeling the voice of angels, or a Squier telecaster that sounded more like a real 50s telecaster than the two real 50s telecasters that the store had out front.

What sort of lessons are you taking?  I was doing the whole blues-jazz, jazzy-blues, jazz, blues thing.  I was learning quite a bit for about a year, but then it devolved into a half-hour therapy session.  Granted, he was cheaper than a real psychiatrist, but I couldn't see spending that kind of coin just to spend 20 minutes talking about women, work and the world and 10 minutes jamming. 

I'm pretty much self taught because most teachers are simply looking for students that want to learn the basics or to read music.  It took me a long time to find this guy and he is one of the better blues players teachers in this area.  I know scales cords and some licks, but my playing seems redundant so he is helping me pull a lot of my knowledge together to be more creative in my lead playing.

He decided not to buy the guitar since he would have to part with two of his other guitars to afford it.  I believe it was going for around $1,100 at Greg Gintners here in Madison.

...............I do remember the guitar very well. I wish I had NOT sold it, but of course, it's too late for that. I don't expect to ever see another. Here are a couple of pictures that might be of help to you.

Heritage127CustomCloseup.jpg

and

Heritage127Custom.jpg

It had a fairly beefy feeling neck, tilt back headstock at 17 degrees, toggle switches all over the place and  two tone and two volume knobs. It also had switching for the pickups.  (The toggles controlled phase and coil taps as I recall)

Hope these help. I'm curious to know how much money something like this would cost overseas.

By the way, I traded my H-127 on a Fender Tele. Smart? Not!

Take care.

Emmitt

Thanks Emmitt!

The seller wants around 500 dollars.

Do you remember anything about the sound of this guitar?

My dilemma is that I already have quite a few hard tail guitars (tele, a H535 and a H150, all humbuckers), I don't have the 500 just lying around and I just bought an old H 162 that's still being worked on by my guitar tech. The 127 just popped up on our national auction site, so what do you do... It was just GAS! So I keep wondering what this particular guitar would add to my array of sounds (it is being sold on the other side of the country, so I have not seen or heard it yet).

H127.jpg

H127.jpg_thumb

Jacques:

The H-127 sounded very much like a red-hot Gibson SG. That's the closest thing I've ever played to this guitar. The pickups are ceramic magnet pickups and therefore very hot. There was not a lot of bottom end to the sound of this guitar. It was very treble oriented.

If you've ever played an SG or a Les Paul with ceramic magnet pickups, you have the tone to this guitar. It was HOT. If you have an H-170, it's that hot.

Best of luck with your decision.

Take care.

Emmitt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Emmitt:

New to the site, I am, and just catching up.  Saw this posting and had to write.  Your 576 is dead on mine, absent my mods.  I put on a set of Grover Imperials, had a faux tortoise shell pickguard fashioned, dropped a couple of SD phat cats in (those p-ups are phenomenal!!!), and, and this is my fave, put on a set of chicken-head knobs.  I am the only Heritage player around and get out two or three times a week.  Everyone knows my 576, and everyone loves it.  In a world of teles and strats (and I love and play those , too), nothing has ever allowed me as unique a voice as that guitar!

Yoslate:

I've had my H-576 for a long time (at least in "guitar years" it's a long time) and it really is a great guitar. I've gigged it several times and find it has only ONE drawback. I wish it had the full length neck of a 335. It's a bit confining to not have the upper registers and to have the neck meet the body at the 14th fret. I know, I know: play low. But, frankly that is my only criticism of this fine guitar.

Thanks for sharing. Any chance you have some pics?

Take care.

Emmitt O.

Hello Emmitt:

Being a dyed-in-the-wool Luddite, I'll have to depend on my digital-camera-weilding best friend to do some pix.  I know you guys all have wonderful looking guitars, all different.  At risk of being presumptuous, I'd like to post some pictures of my 576 (guy I used to play with gave it the politically incorrect name "Fat Girl") and my other Heritage, a fabulous almond-burst, chevron-topped 150 custom, no tune-o-matic - straight-up stop tailpiece, 1-3/4 nut, phat-cat, ebony board wonder.  Closest thing ever to my (sadly gone, still kicking myself over it) '52 goldtop (no, not a re-ish!).  Hope to do pix this weekend.  Thanks for the interest!  I'm really digging this whole site!

Archived