Heritage Owners Club

H-160V

Buzzel

Hey there,

I got some questions about my guitar. a The heritage H-160V.

I would like to know what kind of Pick-ups this Guitar has, cause i am thinking about buying new one's

also i am wondering what the guitar is worth

the guitar plays very nice and i am very happy whit the guitar.

please don't mind the language i am Dutch B)

post-1625-1262458355_thumb.jpg

The pick-ups would be Schaller ( from Germany )

Value is difficult . We don't see these often. They would tend to sell for more in Europe , I believe. And in the current market, many guitars are being sold for less than they are worth because of how long it would take to find a buyer willing to pay that right now.

An uneducated guess is from $ 500 to $ 1,000 depending on condition... but maybe someone will correct this guess up or down.

I would say no more than 700$

okey, thanks for your reply.

now i know a bit more about my guitar. :thumbsup:

I only have some problems whit the sound.

Its sounds shrill and the output is not that much.

does anybody know why???

Thanks,

I think the nature of the Schaller pickups in the H-160V is to be somewhat trebly. It surprises me that you say the output isn't much, as the pickups in mine are very hot. Much hotter than the HRWs or stock Schaller humbuckers in my others Heritage guitars. I know mine are and it's a pain to get them tamed. I find that playing on the neck+middle pickup with the volume rolled back to about eight is "listenable" but they get very "ice pick"-like otherwise. On the other hand, once I get the tone just right, that skinny mahogany body will resonate with certain notes when the amp is set at just the right volume, which is a total trip.

gallery_3_1_45114.jpg

I think the nature of the Schaller pickups in the H-160V is to be somewhat trebly. It surprises me that you say the output isn't much, as the pickups in mine are very hot. Much hotter than the HRWs or stock Schaller humbuckers in my others Heritage guitars. I know mine are and it's a pain to get them tamed. I find that playing on the neck+middle pickup with the volume rolled back to about eight is "listenable" but they get very "ice pick"-like otherwise. On the other hand, once I get the tone just right, that skinny mahogany body will resonate with certain notes when the amp is set at just the right volume, which is a total trip.

gallery_3_1_45114.jpg

thanks for your reply.

i think that my pick-ups need a wax treatment.

may i ask what kind of amplifier you use? Maybe its my Hiwatt amplifier g100r witch isn't quite the top of the line and i am searching for a new one.

greetings

and here is my heritage

post-1625-1262527869_thumb.jpg

Hey there,

I got some questions about my guitar. a The heritage H-160V.

I would like to know what kind of Pick-ups this Guitar has, cause i am thinking about buying new one's

also i am wondering what the guitar is worth

the guitar plays very nice and i am very happy whit the guitar.

please don't mind the language i am Dutch -_-

What is the year of this guitar? You can find it from the 1st letter of the serial number

What is the year of this guitar? You can find it from the 1st letter of the serial number

it is a D so 1987. I hope you can can do something whit it.

greetings

What so many people forget is that the amp is as much a part of your sound as the guitar. Many people want such and such a guitar because they like it's looks, it has a dive bombing trem on it, or loads of other reasons. Then they want shall we say a Marshall because they liked the sound of who ever played what through it and that was their favourite player.

I bought a strat in the eighties because I heard Hank Marvin from the Shadows get the sweetest and purest sound I had ever heard from a guitar, only to find that my high gain marshall valve amp was cutting people's heads off with the bridge pick up, even with a warm setting on the amp. Eventually I found a fabulous tone by buying a Fender red knob Twin.

Sadly, despite it's wonderful tone, the amp was constantly breaking down and in the end it was so unreliable I had to get rid of it. Those older valve amps could be extremely harsh and trebly, but why not try a couple of other guitars through your amp and see what they sound like?

Hey mark,

thanks for your reply.

Most of the time i am playing rock, hard rock and metal. The amplifier i got was a emergency measure ,cause i needed an amplifier for playing in a band. and well i am now 16 years old and don't have a lot of money and cant buy everything. but i am now busy trying to buy a mesa boogie guitar cabinet witch i can connect to my amplifier. And i the hope that i can buy a good tube head within 1 of 2 years and then i can buy the amplifier i hope for ,but what of kind that is i don't know. am am thinking about mesa boogie but that is quite expensive.

about the guitar, the guitar was a heritage (really!) and i don't got the money to buy another guitar (and i don't want to)

so the only thing i can do is buying a amplifier which fits to my guitar and style.

greetings

Have you checked out Laney valve amps ? Excellent value for money, great rock tones plus the clean sounds aren't too shabby either.

thomann stock quite a few combos and heads / cabs in different price ranges .....

http://www.thomann.de/nl/search_dir.html?x...amp;x=0&y=0

I bought a TT50 combo a few months back, three channel with excellent rock tones, no stomp boxes required ( doesn't stop me using them though ! )

Hey Buzzel,

Im not sure, but it seems to me, and I could be wrong, that you have some kind of earthing problem or wiring problem, solder joint or something minor.

Maybe take it to a guitar repairer and see what he says.

I am familiar with the amp you use and you should be able to get some reasonable sounds out of it for the styles you are playing.

The guitar is awesome and I think you have done well, but I would first make sure it is working correctly before I started worrying about a new amp.

Good luck getting it sorted.

hey tully, (for some weird reason i couldn't edit my previously post so i post now 2)

i took my guitar over to a dealer and he couldn't find a thing, except for the pick-ups which are a bit microfonic (don't really know how to call it in english) and the need a wax-pot treatment. so i always can try this when i bring the guitar back to the guitar dealer.

thanks for you tip.

hey tully, (for some weird reason i couldn't edit my previously post so i post now 2)

i took my guitar over to a dealer and he couldn't find a thing, except for the pick-ups which are a bit microfonic (don't really know how to call it in english) and the need a wax-pot treatment. so i always can try this when i bring the guitar back to the guitar dealer.

thanks for you tip.

The edit function doesnt work for very long on this site.

Sounds like you might be using to much gain and your micro phonic p/ups are feeding back big time. You probably need that much gain to do the songs you play. Doesnt matter what amp you use you will get feed back with those p/ups.

The Mesa cab will give you some nice low end "thunk" and "chug" with that amp.

Feel free to tell me to shut up if Im not telling you anything new btw ^_^

wow the bugera 333xl sound very good for its price. but the mesa's sound is something fatter and smoother ,but the bugera beats in price! thanks for the tip pacerX!

and tully you are welcome so you dont have to shut op :D

Archived