Heritage Owners Club

I wish Heritage made a "modern" Byrdland

brentrocks

I had a 1964 Byrdland for a while...mostly because of the connections w/ Ted Nugent (it was actually owned by Ted) unfortuately it was starting to fall apart, so i let it go....it was a wonderful playing guitar as well.  The nut was less than 1 5/8 "  It was effortless to play, short scale, which is nice for me!!!  I dont know how Ted controls the feedback, but anyway....if Heritage made one that resembled the specs on that classic, i think i might buy one!!!!

Maybe they can build you a short scale Sweet 16 or Kenny Burrell--just a thought.

i would want it to be a thin body though, like a 535, which is pretty close to the original byrdland size....that would be a killer guitar...but that would be one hell of a custom up charge!!!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :o

i should go down and talk to Bill, Ren and JP...just see if they would consider doing it???  Natural spruce top, Florentine cutaway,  flame maple sides and back....5-piece flamed neck, HRWs, gold hardware, 24 1/2 scale (i think that's right?) MOP block inlays, MOP headstock inlays......wow that would be friggin awesome!!!!

i would want it to be a thin body though, like a 535, which is pretty close to the original byrdland size....that would be a killer guitar...but that would be one hell of a custom up charge!!!

How about the H525 then? Maybe they could customize one of those for you!

How about the H525 then? Maybe they could customize one of those for you!

i'm not sure what the 525 is...i was looking through my booklet and i dont see it.  or did you mean a customized 535?

I just got off the phone w/ heritage525 (steve) great guy, by the way....we were talking about his 525 and i think if i were to get a Hertiage that resembled a Byrdland it would be a 525 w/ a shorter scale and a slimmer/narrower neck...sounds like a custom job to me.  it would be a killer guitar though!!! :o

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Heritage Johnny Smith "The Rose" have a short scale?

Anyway, I've seen many one-off Heritage archtops (Thin bodied Golden Eagle, Short Scale Super Eagle, etc.) over the years and would bet they could build exactly what you want, Brent.

Let us know how this new journey ends.  :)

would 23 1/2 scale be considered "short scale"  there probably aren't any shorter than that?

next time in kazoo, I'm gonna pick those guy's brains about it (525 short scale custom) and see what they say.

Archived