Heritage Owners Club

I've got H150 Fever...

tbonesullivan

I'd lost track of this thread, but popped it open with all the activity. I fully understand the draw of a sweet sunsetburst 150 having succumbed myself a couple years ago to one. Great great guitar. Except for pickguard and pickups, pretty dang close...

heritage154a.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a dent will be raised with a iron (heat) and then the lacquer repaired. depending on how hard it is to match color probably not too much. 100-200 for both!
hmm... that's not really worth it. there are two or three chips on the rim, otherwise the guitar is perfect. the haziness came right off with polishing. I'm just gonna leave it as is. Not worth the effort. One thing I DO have to do is check on the strap buttons. one feels loose, and it weighs a bunch. Might have to put some super glue into the holes to get a better grip.

Don't do that! Simply use a broken-off toothpick, with possibly some Elmer's glue.
*shrug* it's the hole stabilization technique I picked up reading dan erlewine's repair guide. It works wonders on holes stripped from too much torque. the toothpick can fall out... which can and has happened. I just checked them though and they are on snug, so I'm not messing with them. the H150 will have to wait a day for a proper shakedown. I gotta set the action/intonation on the newly acquired Hamer Studio that I just gave a thorough cleaning to and restrung.

Archived