Heritage Owners Club

What kind of Heritage has.....

lilkuku

Hello,

Newbie here. I went to one of my used guitar stores and found not one, but two Heritage guitars. They had beautiful blocked inlay all the way up the neck and had bigsby trems on them. I can't find them in the Heritage models. I think they had listed them as 157's. Sorry I don't have any other info, but if you can give me any details as to what you think they are I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Patrick

Hello,

Newbie here. I went to one of my used guitar stores and found not one, but two Heritage guitars. They had beautiful blocked inlay all the way up the neck and had bigsby trems on them. I can't find them in the Heritage models. I think they had listed them as 157's. Sorry I don't have any other info, but if you can give me any details as to what you think they are I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Patrick

Hello and welcome Patrick to the HOC.

Here is a quick link for the H-157 .................................. Heritage Solidbody Guitars

Just click on the 157 model for some specs. The Bigsby is an option.

Hello and welcome Patrick to the HOC.

Here is a quick link for the H-157 .................................. Heritage Solidbody Guitars

Just click on the 157 model for some specs. The Bigsby is an option.

Thanks,

I saw that info, but wanted to make sure the bigsby wasn't something the owner added himself. Can I ask about used pricing here?

Thanks,

I saw that info, but wanted to make sure the bigsby wasn't something the owner added himself. Can I ask about used pricing here?

The questions regarding the Bigsby may be best answered by someone else, as none of mine have one.

Perhaps the label in the control cavity may ( or may not) say that it was factory ordered.

Obviously condition ,upgrades, unique finish or woods will greatly effect value,

and prices in the market are low right now. (as it is pretty much everywhere)

It seems like most that we have seen lately have sold in the range of $ 1,100 to $ 1700

With the $1100 models with quite a lot of wear , up to $1700 for excellent examples , but used.

At times upgrades could raise it beyond that, but most seem to be selling at bargain prices right at this moment.

And an instrument sold and serviced at a dealer will tend to be higher than a private individual.

Something to remember about Heritages is that they will pretty much build what you want. They will put a Bigby, your choice of pickups, they'll even skip the f-holes in a semi if you ask them (see Tulk1's Mille DC-NFH (no F Holes)). You should be able to tell if the Bigsby was added later. Like Fred said, most add-ons will be listed in the control cover label.

So where abouts in Ky are you?

Rich

hi Patrick..Welcome to the cult..( I mean Club) Hope you can work out a deal on your first Heritage.. I'm saving for my second..they are highly addictive..

Something to remember about Heritages is that they will pretty much build what you want. They will put a Bigby, your choice of pickups, they'll even skip the f-holes in a semi if you ask them (see Tulk1's Mille DC-NFH (no F Holes)). You should be able to tell if the Bigsby was added later. Like Fred said, most add-ons will be listed in the control cover label.

So where abouts in Ky are you?

Rich

I'm in Taylorsville, I see your in Louisville? I was a firefighter in Louisville until 2008.

Patrick

Welcome Patrick, two used Heritage guitars in one store - wow, you would be lucky to find two in the whole country here!

House rule - you MUST post a pic when you get the guitar so we can all congratulate you and tell you how fab your new guitar is.....

welcome to the hoc..comon' in the water's fine!

there was someone from Louisville who recently tried to sell a nice H535

Archived