Heritage Owners Club

Fender Blues Junior

mark555

any one here got a fender Blues Junior? If so, have you ever gigged with it by either micing or DI, or just played a quiter gig with it as a stand alone amp? I really like these little amps and I am going to replace my marshall 15w ss amo with one. I usually gig with a fender 40w combo but sometimes would have use for a small and lighter amp.

no clean headroom with a drummer. Need at least a DRRI. Unless you have it mic'd with monitor feeds.

quite true about the lack of headroom..But I just pick a little easier with the volume up and it will stay clean..Otherwise a great sounding, and very affordable amp..I love mine, and have gigged with it many times..My 2 cents..

Only gigged mine once. Had a slightly different experience than Paul, I think. My Marshall TSL601 unsoldered a connection between sets (found that out later). I had my Blues Jr. sitting in the trailer, so out it came. It was almost too clean for what I was used to. And plenty loud. Of course, that is how I now remember it. That gig was quite a few years ago. But I do recall being somewhat surprised at how well it kept up unmic'd. Not as huge sounding, tho'. Could have used a bigger cab.

Only gigged mine once. Had a slightly different experience than Paul, I think. My Marshall TSL601 unsoldered a connection between sets (found that out later). I had my Blues Jr. sitting in the trailer, so out it came. It was almost too clean for what I was used to. And plenty loud. Of course, that is how I now remember it. That gig was quite a few years ago. But I do recall being somewhat surprised at how well it kept up unmic'd. Not as huge sounding, tho'. Could have used a bigger cab.

Yeah..they are louder than SH@T..Amazing for a small amp!!

I would add this thought..If you have a decent PA, through a mike in front of it and you might be surprised how nice it sounds..IMHO

I would add this thought..If you have a decent PA, through a mike in front of it and you might be surprised how nice it sounds..IMHO

This is what I am thinking, they do have really nice tone, I have played strats. tele's a 335 and my old les paul special through one, but not at a gig. Really appreciate the comments guys. I don't want it for all out rock playing, and its clean tones are what I like, a little contrast to the hot rod I usually use, so it would definitely be used for quieter tracks.

• 1 month later...
This is what I am thinking, they do have really nice tone, I have played strats. tele's a 335 and my old les paul special through one, but not at a gig. Really appreciate the comments guys. I don't want it for all out rock playing, and its clean tones are what I like, a little contrast to the hot rod I usually use, so it would definitely be used for quieter tracks.

Here's a link borrowed from another thread. Seems to be a Blues Jr. that this Heritage artist is playing his H-575 through. When I saw it I was a bit surprised. I recently bought one but haven't had much time to play with it. So far though, I wasn't thinking it would have much clean headroom. Wondered what other's experience was when I found this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a link borrowed from another thread. Seems to be a Blues Jr. that this Heritage artist is playing his H-575 through. When I saw it I was a bit surprised. I recently bought one but haven't had much time to play with it. So far though, I wasn't thinking it would have much clean headroom. Wondered what other's experience was when I found this thread.

Have you checked out any of Bill M's mods? They add alot tone wise. His site is devoted pretty much to Blues Jr's (www.billmaudio.com/). I've done lots of his mods and the before and after is incredible. I'll be doing a few more shortly. They're pretty simple if you're comfortable with a soldering iron etc otherwise a piece of cake for an amp tech. I posted in the "almost bought one" thread earlier today.

I do have a weird issue or two with mine I'm still working on.

Archived